Save DIYC donation drive

Given. But I would like to suggest to find someway that an amount other than the $15 or $20 be added for those of us who believe in the site and want to give more (to keep it going.)

Thank you for your support.

Additional Donations can be sent via paypal at admin@doityourselfchristmas.com . . If an official donation function is wanted I can look into adding that to the site.
I think adding a donation function would be a great idea. I think people are more than willing but having to donate by going outside the platform makes it a bit of a pain and simple more work (ok, I know, I'm lazy).

I think adding a donation function would be a great idea. I think people are more than willing but having to donate by going outside the platform makes it a bit of a pain and simple more work (ok, I know, I'm lazy).
See this thread: https://doityourselfchristmas.com/f...p-and-diyc-donation-buttons.60687/post-562954

As stated in the above linked thread, the Supporting Membership prices have not changed in about 15 years. Maybe it is time to make an adjustment? Thoughts from all are welcome.

See this thread: https://doityourselfchristmas.com/f...p-and-diyc-donation-buttons.60687/post-562954

As stated in the above linked thread, the Supporting Membership prices have not changed in about 15 years. Maybe it is time to make an adjustment? Thoughts from all are welcome.
I love the new buttons. I think making things easy will really help in the long run.

I don't think it would be an issue to raise the membership costs either...the cost of everything has gone up, it makes sense that DIYC would have to in order to keep up. I do wonder if it will be needed now that donations and membership buttons really make it easy to find.

Another thing....I forget what happens when a membership is expiring. I think it would be good to make that information plain as day as well if its not already.

I love the new buttons. I think making things easy will really help in the long run.

I don't think it would be an issue to raise the membership costs either...the cost of everything has gone up, it makes sense that DIYC would have to in order to keep up. I do wonder if it will be needed now that donations and membership buttons really make it easy to find.

Another thing....I forget what happens when a membership is expiring. I think it would be good to make that information plain as day as well if its not already.
Good points and good question.

Another thing....I forget what happens when a membership is expiring. I think it would be good to make that information plain as day as well if its not already
My understanding as of now is that a notification is sent to a member when a subscription expires. The notification is the same as a reply or PM, by the bell in the top right corner. The system does not send out emails about expiring user upgrades. I would need to purchase and install an add on and I am not keen of add ons.

My understanding as of now is that a notification is sent to a member when a subscription expires. The notification is the same as a reply or PM, by the bell in the top right corner. The system does not send out emails about expiring user upgrades. I would need to purchase and install an add on and I am not keen of add ons.
Ok, I think that is good enough then. As long as its easy for the user to know he/she is expiring.

Back