Shared Sequences

yes it works but you didnt post audio file and my version is different than what you used so things are not in sync

We don't have a formal place like their google drive. A few folks share their profile and the sequences together and then you can copy and paste between them. I would like to work on some ideas to make sharing easier in the future, but it just has not bubbled up to the top of the list yet.

This ever happen ? We got a repository like Xlights yet ?

Thanks Ron.

There is not any official repository. The feature to import and export sequences from Vixen was released last year, and I know a few folks have shared in various threads here.

yea I've gotten things from Popo (thanks for posting those) and modded them for my display as I'm bad about the choreography. tried Xlights for sequencing but keep coming back to Vixen. Right now trying tom figure out how to make a helix on my mega tree.

I took on a volunteer project, Celebration of Lights (FB page too) and inherited ALLOT more work than one person can handle. My predecessor has done some good work and had help.
I cannot find help and cannot do it all.

For the 20th anniversary, I designed and currently in process of building new displays.

Music Displays:
Display #1: 2660, 720, 720 pixel trees with Three 100+ pixel stars, 2000 pixel matrix, 1 Singing Tree
Display #2: 2240, 750, 750, 240, 240 pixel trees with Five 100+ pixel stars, 1000 pixel matrix, 6 36 Pixel sticks with 108 pixel snow flakes.

Effects Displays:
Display #3: Overhead Bridge Cover-4,800 pixels (32 strips)
NEW Display #4: 30 204 pixel Leaping Arches, 6120 pixels @ 300' long. LOR controller for LED strings in trees & 14 WS2811 Floods - Effects Only
NEW Display #5 & 6: Main Entrance Left/Right. 1 Leaping Arch & 795 pixel matrix on each side. Effects and Text messages for visitors.

It is a huge addition. I do commercial grade hardware design & builds. I do effects. Not so much sync'd music - that talent is not in my toolbox.

I would like to find some new sequences for our music displays - I do not have the time to sequence music to the displays (#1 & #2) These two use Falcons in stand-alone mode, FM transmitter.

I looked around a bit for sources of some shared sequences. Coming up empty.

I would seriously be interested in some new sequences. Our displays need "CHANGE".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I always love your sequencing work. I love you you drive the software to make these highly detailed sequences. It doesn't look like just a bunch of whole house effects. It shows a mastery of good grouping. Even when there's broad brushed large effects on a large group, there's always some other prop doing detail work. Timing, color and effect choice are all spot on! I also love your song choice. It's right up my alley.

I also like that you used moving heads differently than i see in so many other shows. Everyone lines them up on top of the roof. I like how you put them under the eave and shine them downward. This probably lets you use less expensive movers and you still get some really cool dynamic effects.
BTW, we've been working hard for the past few months to add proper moving head support to Vixen. John has been doing most of the hard coding work, but we've been working together to make sure we have a well thought out polished system in place. If you're interested, we could probably get you a test build once we're a little further along so you can play with it and share your thoughts.

I always love your sequencing work. I love you you drive the software to make these highly detailed sequences. It doesn't look like just a bunch of whole house effects. It shows a mastery of good grouping. Even when there's broad brushed large effects on a large group, there's always some other prop doing detail work. Timing, color and effect choice are all spot on! I also love your song choice. It's right up my alley.

I also like that you used moving heads differently than i see in so many other shows. Everyone lines them up on top of the roof. I like how you put them under the eave and shine them downward. This probably lets you use less expensive movers and you still get some really cool dynamic effects.
BTW, we've been working hard for the past few months to add proper moving head support to Vixen. John has been doing most of the hard coding work, but we've been working together to make sure we have a well thought out polished system in place. If you're interested, we could probably get you a test build once we're a little further along so you can play with it and share your thoughts.

Thanks Jon... I truly appreciate the feedback. A musical background definitely helps when I visualize and then sequence.

The moving heads are the cheap ones ($80 a pop). With the DIY haze machines I built it makes for some cool looking effects (assuming there is no wind).

I would absolutely play with the test build. I would love to be able to sequence those in Vixen.

Are your movers the rgb color-mixing type or the color wheel type? We’ve got a bit more work to do on the color wheel type. Getting those to fit into vixens color paradigm is taking some careful thought.
What we have so far is not ready for prime time yet. So im hesitant to let it get into the wild too much. Things can still change before release in ways that are big enough that any sequencing work you do on the proof of concept build may not be usable in the final version. At the same time though I’d like to have a side conversation with you about how we’re intending it to work and how you think that’ll fit into your sequencing workflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are RBG color mixing which I venture to guess most are now-a-days.

Just shoot me a message when you want me to start playing with it. I'll certainly give me feedback on it.

They are RBG color mixing which I venture to guess most are now-a-days.

Just shoot me a message when you want me to start playing with it. I'll certainly give me feedback on it.

You'd be surprised. The brighter, more powerful ones are more often color wheel based. Especially the ones that support gobos and such. I've done a lot of research on the current product offerings in that space and there's a wide variety of functionality out there.

We're not too far off on the moving head stuff. But there's some sticking points that we're still trying to work thru so we don't have to backtrack if we make the wrong design choices.

If you want to peruse mine, you can take a gander at my show video's for the past two years, or I can just send you the past two years worth of sequences, but I'll need your email address.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxUxBVqjGCmsGVIRcg5r4pw/playlists

Popo, Thanks for this - My email: PC.Rescue.101@new.rr.com

Really appreciate the assist - Now debugging a new strip of ws2815's ... causing a intermittent and visibly noticeable delay.

The missus is happy to help fix things up - so she gets the "SOFT"ware ... I get the "HARD"ware :thup2:

Okay - I have the sequences. Now what? Seriously, this is a completely new process for me. Imported the sequences ... opened them and only have an audio track.

Can someone help get my head wrapped around what I should be doing? I was thinking I should see all the props, etc.

What am I doing wrong? Or what did I miss?

Thanks!

Back