Singing Pumpkin Lip-Sync

Nice job! I like the smooth lines for your mouth outlines. Gives it a friendlier feel.

The method of video taping yourself then following along to animate mouth movements is typically called rotoscoping. I used it to animate a volleyball talking to the team using stop motion animation.

I would superimpose the video of me over the volleyball, then select the phonetic shape, paste it on the volleyball, snap a picture, then repeat.

Took a long time, but the result was cool. But I digress..sorry about that.

Congrats again,
Lightman

Nice job! I like the smooth lines for your mouth outlines. Gives it a friendlier feel.

Thanks. Yeah, "friendly" was real important for me since all the kids know this is Santa Claus' house (I'm a professional Santa) so last thing I wanted was something to frighten the children. I probably redesigned the face three times before my wife proclaimed it Disney-enough!

On another front, wouldn't you know that within an hour of declaring Papagayo to be of dubious value I find that someone has made a "translator" that makes it enormously useful! Bob-O from the Light-O-Rama forums has created an app to take the Papagayo exported data and convert it into a LOR clipboard which can then be pasted into your sequence onto up to 10 consecutive channels that make up your mouth shapes. It works like a charm! I just wish there were a way to have it automatically create ease-in and ease-out when turning on channels which helps make the animation look more fluid. Here's the link: http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/14473-voice-sync-software

Now, like I mentioned before, this app makes a LOR clipboard so it's probably no help to Vixen folks, but the thread speaks extensively about what it took to do the translation and I'm betting there's somebody here who could make one for Vixen.

Note that when you go to his software site to download the app and other bits, it's not entirely clear but to download the translator itself you click on the large parrot icon to the left. Note also that Papagayo does not handle large audio files well, so I suggest you break it into @30 second chunks (breaking at choruses or instrumentals). While you are editing audio, you might as well adjust the eq to maximize the clarity of the voice you are mapping just to make your task easier. Finally, you must set Papagayo to 25 FPS for the sync to stay locked in, it is set to 24 FPS by default.

I plan to sync several more songs this year and expect things to go much quicker thanks to this new Papagayo translator. Hope some others find it useful as well.

Hello guys, just ordered 32 channew starter package from wowlights and am excited to try and build these pumpkin faces. Can someone tell me if it's better to use string lights or rope lights. A step by step tutorial would be nice as well. Looks like I'm going to try the pvc method.

Back