The Colorado Connection - welcome!

Hello All! I'm Brad and live in Lakewood. Funny enough I'm only about 5 minutes away from "Lakewood", the OP. Small world sometimes huh? No show this year as I just discovered this site not long ago. I'm already planning for next year though! Ordered my first 64xc and SSRez boards from wjohn this week, have Vixen 3.0 downloaded and have begun to design and plan my layout for next year. I currently have about 10,000 lights up... unfortunately it's all static this year. I'm sure I'll be bugging you guys for information during the coming year.

Please keep me posted if a meeting is set up, I will definitely be there!

Merry Christmas!

Brad

Hey Coloradan's I just thought i'd see if there would be any interest from you all in scheduling a meeting in the future. We could decide location once we have an idea of who would like to come and where you all would be coming from. Maybe i'm the crazy, enthusiastic newbie but I thought it may be fun to schedule a get together to exchange ideas, stories, successes... whatever.

Anyone interested?

I'm from way down south in Pueblo, and most of the users are way up north...Add to that, my family thinks I'm wacky talking/thinking/planning next Christmas already. So though I may not be there in person, I will certainly be there in spirit, if you guys get together. Closest I've seen on this site to me is up in Colorado Springs! Sure would be nice to have a neighbor to bug around here!

Hey there, my name is B.J. and I live in Littleton. Just finished up with my first year with the whole BlinkyFlashy and had a blast doing it! (Thanks Steve for getting me into this! :biggrin:). Good to see all the Coloradoans joining in on the fun! You can check out my facebook page in my sig to see my videos. If you have any questions or anything, fee free to ask!

B.J.

I live in Colorado Springs. I would be willing to meet.
Hey Coloradan's I just thought i'd see if there would be any interest from you all in scheduling a meeting in the future. We could decide location once we have an idea of who would like to come and where you all would be coming from. Maybe i'm the crazy, enthusiastic newbie but I thought it may be fun to schedule a get together to exchange ideas, stories, successes... whatever.

Anyone interested?

Well, at this point it looks like it would be just you and me but hopefully we can get some more interest and make a fun get together for everyone. I'm watching this thread to keep track of responses. Maybe it would be best if I start a new thread specifically for this purpose, more people may see it and respond.

Thank you for responding dpitts, I appreciate it. Same to you Kieth.

Last edited:
Been quite awhile since I last visited the DIY Christmas site...
But I'm another from Colorado.

My 'display' is ofcourse nothing like you guys's (actually been getting less each year over the past few) LOL
(it is computerized...with some _old_ home-built stuff)

Seeing some of those houses with RGB lighting on the news recently was awesome.

Opps, post under wrong thread.

Dennis & tammey reporting in as a new members of the Colorado Connection - Western Slope Division - Grand Junction

Jumping in would love to meet up and or see someones setup. Ordering the RenardSS24 and the Ren24DC, looking at the VIxen 3. Going to start off small LOL who am I kidding. Westminster/Broomfield area south of the Rock Mountain Airport. If any one is still active and would not mind showing me their setup to help get started that would be great.

Welcome... we typically meet a few times a year. There are a lot of active and highly-involved enthusiasts on the Front Range. I'm in Lone Tree (Park Meadows Mall), my dad (PK85) is in Arvada. We use a combination of Lynx Expresses and hubs and Falcon controllers.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum ANGERMGT!

Like mms said there are usually a few group meetups a few times per year...these are well worth going to if you can make it. (next one is not yet scheduled, but maybe sometime in the fall)

Sounds great I will be at the next meeting. And if anyone has an old controller laying around for cheap let me know what you want for it. I am playing with VIxen 3 right now and planning my addiction/ Attack for this coming Halloween and Christmas..

I'm east of town and used Vixen 3 last year and will be again this year. I'm running really behind this year, but hope to make the next meeting.

Hello all! I'm new to this forum and fairly new to this psychosis called holiday lighting. I live in West Denver and currently only run a Halloween light show. It's pretty simple, 1- 16ch LOR controller, 1- 8ch LOR RGB controller and 1 - 9ch HolidayCoro RGB controller all run with LOR S3 software - none of which are maxxed out. I'm wanting to expand into controlling prop motors/linear actuators/pneumatic cyliners and start doing a Christmas display but I've kinda hit a brick wall. LOR stuff is so expensive and I don't know anything about most of the DIY options. I would be very interested in meeting others in the area willing to help teach an old dummy a few new tricks.

Matt

Welcome to the forum msjones2452 !
There are a number of CO members here, & lots of knowledge on DIY options (can't help myself, as I'm using something of my own creation, but its also really old/out of date)
Its well worth going to one of the meetups if you can make it (I haven't heard when the next one is though)

Does anyone in CO running Vixen 3 with Pixles? If so would you be willing to entertain me and a 6 pack of beer/soda so I can see how you have set it up?

I have a SS16, I very quickly put together for this year. But next year I am planning on adding pixles and would like to see how you have it wired up.

I am assuming I need to transfer to a e1.31 Bridge to control the pixles as all of the pixle drivers do not run off of the Renard protocal.

Thanks and good luck this year.

I run Vixen 3 and am running GECE pixels off of it. I'd be willing to show you, but My show is not all set up at the moment. Because of some issues, it's just going to be more of a static display with a few elements that (like the pixels) that are programmed to change colors or shimmer a little bit.

I am a new member from Aurora. Veteran of HomeSeer home automation, new to holiday lighting control. Nothing going this year, but may try for 2015. Likely Vixen 3, San Devices boards, smart pixels, dumb RGB strips, LED strings and DMX RGB devices.

I'll keep an eye on this forum for future meetings. I also would be interested in seeing some homes that are doing shows in the Denver metro area.

I am a new member to "DIYC", although I have browsed from time to time in the past. I though I would post a quick introduction to myself in this thread. My name is Mike, and I have been doing a large Christmas display (and some Halloween in the past) for about 15 years, in Greeley. The display has been computer/synchronized (FM broadcast to music) for the last 10 years. Our display name is the Greeley Grizwalds. The last year our display consisted of over 150,000 lights and about 340 D-Light controller channels (most non-RGB type - "old school"). I have gone to a couple of the Colorado Christmas light group meetings in the past, but that was several years ago (meet "XmasLightGuy" there, and later bought a decoration from him too). SO, that is my story, hope to meet some of you in person this year at one of the meetings. Here is our website (a bit out of date, but I plan on re-doing it this year with new videos): www.thegreeleygrizwalds.com Also, our 2016 videos can be found here: https://vimeo.com/user1130551

Back