The State of Vixen

What's most important to you?

• Scripted sequences

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • Remote access (e.g. internet, local network)

Votes: 60 38.0%
  • Triggers

Votes: 49 31.0%
  • Dimming curves

Votes: 63 39.9%
  • Inputs - recorded to a sequence

Votes: 44 27.8%
  • Inputs - live execution

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • Object models for developers

Votes: 42 26.6%

• Total voters
Support for the classic parallel port 12 channel plugin in Vixen 3 would be nice for people like me just getting into this hobby. The vixen 2 parallel port plugins does not work on 64bit computers.
This is going to be an issue with the new vixen as well. The problem is that the open source driver we used for punching a hole from user space to kernel space is generic in its use but Microsoft made a change for 64 bit windows that ALL drivers need to be digitally signed. So to use the inpout32 driver will need to be signed and signatures generally need to be paid for (someone can chime in here) and so the last thing an open source project wants to do is pay for subscription on a yearly basis. If someone out there wants to use their business signature and recompile the driver for the group here... that would work.

I can recompile the 12 port parallel plugin to use either the inpout32.dll or the inpout64.dll. The plugin will load the approriate one based on the os. I did this for the olsen 595 and hill 320 for vixen 3.

Back