Vixen 3.7 Released

jeffu231

Vixen 3.7 has been released.

Release Notes

Improvements

[VIX-989] - Improved Zig Zag Support
[VIX-2275] - Double click on a controller name should open the configure form rather than unfold the channels
[VIX-2750] - Add Progress Dialog while profile is loading
[VIX-2786] - Add flip vertical and horizontal options to toolbar in custom prop editor
[VIX-2787] - Add detents when rotating a selection while holding a modifier key in the Custom Prop and Preview editor.
[VIX-2890] - Update all dependencies and prepare for moving to .NET Core.
[VIX-2893] - Box2D contains warning/error when compiled under latest VS2019 Update
[VIX-2895] - Update Snowflake effect to include a grid pattern
[VIX-2896] - Make start of liquid effect movement deterministic
[VIX-2904] - Move the effect pop-up info box in the editor
[VIX-2916] - Migrate TeamCity workflows to GitHub Actions
[VIX-2924] - Ability to set Export timing to the same as the Update Interval
[VIX-2927] - Improve Face imports for analog props and provide better Lipsync effect defaults.
[VIX-2929] - Improve the config and sequence file backup mechanism.
[VIX-2943] - Modify Shockwave to use scaled radius curve.
[VIX-2958] - Add ability to reverse a group of selected elements in the wire order tab of the Custom Prop Editor

New Features

[VIX-2120] - Add polygon effect
[VIX-2933] - Add a feature to duplicate a preview

Bugs

[VIX-2601] - Crash when using pinwheel effect
[VIX-2792] - Vixen 3.6 Set Level not working, on some elements
[VIX-2851] - Setup Display - Undo refresh
[VIX-2863] - Wave Effect - Improve Mark Support of Decaying Sine
[VIX-2889] - Incorrect speed on effects
[VIX-2899] - Bars Effect Bug (with workaround)
[VIX-2900] - Shapes no longer working
[VIX-2903] - Dev Build Crash; Preview has completely disappeared
[VIX-2905] - Waveform effect missing from current dev builds.
[VIX-2911] - Incorrect speed on Video effect after Update Interval is changed to 25ms
[VIX-2917] - Particle Intensity on Liquid Effect will not Save
[VIX-2920] - Fix unneeded fields exposed by recent Catel upgrade in Prop Editor
[VIX-2922] - Reference to Liquid (Emitter) Effect in common code
[VIX-2932] - Preview zoom gets stuck if you zoom to far in or out
[VIX-2934] - Text effect introduces a small gap or blink after saving and reopening
[VIX-2936] - Export Sequence Package not working
[VIX-2941] - Make ExpandObjectObservableCollection Abstract
[VIX-2942] - Preview Star does not detect Pixel or Standard properly when linked.
[VIX-2952] - Custom prop selection in preview not working correctly.
[VIX-2953] - Morph causing Vixen to freeze
[VIX-2955] - Token replacement window title "naming" needs capatilized.
[VIX-2957] - Custom prop editor has several minor bugs that can lead to a troublesome experience.
[VIX-2959] - The wire order diagram menu in the display setup may not be enabled when it should be.
[VIX-2960] - The profile Lock file may be empty an cause an error.
[VIX-2961] - Scheduler can hang if sequences have not been migrated first.

Fantastic! Thanks again to the whole crew for all the time that goes into these updates. It's much appreciated!

Thanks for the update. Love the morph effect. I think the Wave effect is broken though. When changing the styles the preview (nor the effect in the sequencer) changes at all

I have reproduced the problem with the Wave effect. Sorry, I made a mistake in some maintenance on that effect. I am submitting a fix. I assume it will be included in an update "U1" to Vixen 3.7.

I updated last night and today whenever I click on "Setup Display" the program shuts down. Any ideas?

SOLVED

Last edited:
I updated last night and today whenever I click on "Setup Display" the program shuts down. Any ideas?

We need to see some logs. We have a couple people reporting crashes and others that are working just fine. Many folks have been using the dev builds all along so there is something odd going on. If you want to create a ticket at bugs.vixenlights.com and attach your logs, we can take a look and see what is going on.

We need to see some logs. We have a couple people reporting crashes and others that are working just fine. Many folks have been using the dev builds all along so there is something odd going on. If you want to create a ticket at bugs.vixenlights.com and attach your logs, we can take a look and see what is going on.

Done. If you need more info let me know.
Thanks BTW for this and all that you do on this Great Program.

Well I would have sworn that I tried to open "setup Preview" before and it worked but now it does the same thing. I can open the preview window, click on my preview then click on "configure preview" and it crashes. Probably th same problem if you need more logs for this let me know.

SOLVED

Last edited:
Well I would have sworn that I tried to open "setup Preview" before and it worked but now it does the same thing. I can open the preview window, click on my preview then click on "configure preview" and it crashes. Probably th same problem if you need more logs for this let me know.

SOLVED

Just in case others are reading, it looks to have been an incomplete install due to aggressive anti virus. It was solved with a reinstall. We tend to see a few cases of this each time we update until the AV products get the new version in the clean list.

Is there any reason the lip sync tool isn't working? I have used it prior to upgrading to 3.7 without any problems, the sequences I had done before upgrade are working fine, new lip sync is not coming up on the screen just blank boxes.

Last edited:
Just in case others are reading, it looks to have been an incomplete install due to aggressive anti virus. It was solved with a reinstall. We tend to see a few cases of this each time we update until the AV products get the new version in the clean list.

That corrected my issue as well. thanks.

Is there any reason the lip sync tool isn't working? I have used it prior to upgrading to 3.7 without any problems, the sequences I had done before upgrade are working fine, new lip sync is not coming up on the screen just blank boxes.

I have been using the lip sync the last several days and it is working for me. Can you describe which approach you are using?

I found another issue. When using the WAVE Effect and I try to "Add" or "Remove" a Wave, Vixen crashes. Not sure if it is related to my previous issue or not.
Created a Ticket.

Last edited:
I set up my own marks by right clicking then pull up the tool lip sync then lyric converter select the per mark collection type in my word or phrase hit convert and I get empty boxes. I had done a few lines a few weeks ago and I thought thats how I did it then. I could be wrong

I also just tried to do lipsync in the add effect section it also doesn't put the words up on the screen just blank boxes. Also tried downloading the 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit same thing.
Can I do a roll back on this software to a previous versuion?

I also just tried to do lipsync in the add effect section it also doesn't put the words up on the screen just blank boxes. Also tried downloading the 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit same thing.
Can I do a roll back on this software to a previous versuion?

Can you zip up the profile and PM me a link to a dropbox or google drive link so I can take a look at it. Point me to a example sequence that is not working so I can see it. I suspect there is something simple missing.

Back