Vixen 3 Lip Sync Overview

I can confirm the default map does change back, however I'm not sure if this will be the cause of the need to import a picture first before you can start drawing or the imported picture would not work either.

Your the expert.

Cheers

Geoff

I am having a problem recreating this with the profile you sent earlier, go ahead and enter a bug in Jira and post the latest zip of your profile. I will get to it once I am finished up my current project

Even I don't get the apple reference! :question: :)

Geoff,
It is a new feature, I just want to work out some of the finer details of it with the dev team before talking about it with a larger audience because it skew's the development path temporarily. Soon :)

Discussions are ongoing on the Vixen3 developer's mailing list.

Ed

No worries Ed, apart from some of the bugs, my preference would be Vixen performance as my display seems to stutter a bit during some sequences and could be at random times, I think due to the large number of channels and effects.

Is there a way to add a drop down list on the text converter window to select which map you want to use when converting a word / phrase.

The reason I ask is because I am adding a second face now and finding out I have to change the default map in the lip sync menu in order for the text converter to map it to the right face even though I place the effect in on the channels corresponding to the second face.

Thanks!

I can take a look and get back to you sometime this weekend. One possible work around , is to define your map to cover all 4 faces at once and then place the effect only at the start of the particular face of interest.

Mmmm. It's not a huge deal, I just have to remind myself to switch the default before I go placing the phonemes. I supposed I should go through and do the lyrics for one face all the way through then work on the second but I'm in the habit of working on one chunk of a song at a time, usually in like 1 minute chunks.

I do successfully have two faces singing in a sequence now though, "The Zing" song for the kids :)

codec101,

I must have been asleep when I read your first post. There is an option on the main LipSync menu which should work for you.

You can place phonemes on the new face using ANY of your available maps. Once finished, select all of the phonemes on the new face and then select "Change Effect Map" in the Lipsync menu. It will change all of the selected maps to the new map you choose. Let me know if this does not work for you.

I would be excited to see "The Zing" song when you have it playing!

Ed

Mmmm. It's not a huge deal, I just have to remind myself to switch the default before I go placing the phonemes. I supposed I should go through and do the lyrics for one face all the way through then work on the second but I'm in the habit of working on one chunk of a song at a time, usually in like 1 minute chunks.

I do successfully have two faces singing in a sequence now though, "The Zing" song for the kids :)

codec101,

I must have been asleep when I read your first post. There is an option on the main LipSync menu which should work for you.

You can place phonemes on the new face using ANY of your available maps. Once finished, select all of the phonemes on the new face and then select "Change Effect Map" in the Lipsync menu. It will change all of the selected maps to the new map you choose. Let me know if this does not work for you.

I would be excited to see "The Zing" song when you have it playing!

Ed

Ok that works, didn't pay attention to that option in there before.

Here is a small preview of just the faces, turned off the rest due to the desktop recording software being barely able to just keep up with this, FPS wise. It's a little laggy still but works for a sneak peak.

Ed,

I have not read this whole thread but I watched the videos and was wondering if you ever added support for creating a Pixel Matrix Map where the pixels are zig zagged? My pixel matrix is 6 strings starting at the top left. Each string of 170 pixels zig zags for 34 columns and 5 rows. I would like to create a singing face of a Lego man head.

Thanks.

There should be no need for the lip sync functionality to be aware of zig zag hardware layouts. This is one of the reasons for abstracting the elements from the outputs. The elements and preview should be created in a non-zigzag fashion. Management of your hardware layout should be done downstream of your "creation workflow". It can either be done in hardware configuration or in patching, your choice.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to get Ed's feedback on this because I do not think what you are saying is correct. When you create a lip sync map you need to create the phonemes using the pixel matrix GUI he created.

There should be no need for the lip sync functionality to be aware of zig zag hardware layouts. This is one of the reasons for abstracting the elements from the outputs. The elements and preview should be created in a non-zigzag fashion. Management of your hardware layout should be done downstream of your "creation workflow". It can either be done in hardware configuration or in patching, your choice.

--Jon Chuchla--

Yes you're correct in this part. But this is all before zig zag comes into play. Lip sync is work done in the element domain, not the channel/controller domain. Zig zag is a hardware convenience concept. It allows you to reverse wire a pixel strip to save on wiring. You wouldn't design your element layout with any regard to where the pixel addresses are located. That's what patching is for.

--Jon Chuchla--

Back