Vixen 3 Lip Sync Overview

Hello,

I'm new on vixen light and i prepare for the first time halloween (A Pumpkin who sing Monster Mash)

Is it possible to share the exemple you present into the vidéo (Map, Template, preview) to facilitate me to understand the concepts?

Thank you very much

bruno

Hello. I'm a new Vixen user and new to the DIY lighting community. I'm trying to put together a Halloween sequence using the LipSync function in Vixen 3.3. The issue that I'm having is that the LipSync effects are not showing up in the Vixen preview for some reason. I've watched the LipSync videos (which were great btw) ... and tried to follow along. I thought it must be a problem with the LipSync map ... but I double checked that and it looks ok to me. Any ideas of what else I should check? Thanks in advance ...

PS: When I try other lighting effects (e.g. set level, chase, etc) ... they show up correctly in the preview.
PPS: I'm planning to use simple dumb LED strands ... no RGB.

not sure what you dont have setup right I use vixen for my singing tree and it works fine maybe if you have teamviewer I can connect and see what you dont have setup right
Hello. I'm a new Vixen user and new to the DIY lighting community. I'm trying to put together a Halloween sequence using the LipSync function in Vixen 3.3. The issue that I'm having is that the LipSync effects are not showing up in the Vixen preview for some reason. I've watched the LipSync videos (which were great btw) ... and tried to follow along. I thought it must be a problem with the LipSync map ... but I double checked that and it looks ok to me. Any ideas of what else I should check? Thanks in advance ...

PS: When I try other lighting effects (e.g. set level, chase, etc) ... they show up correctly in the preview.
PPS: I'm planning to use simple dumb LED strands ... no RGB.

I reached out to James last night and he was kind enough to hop on my system and take a look. We tried re-patching the elements in the display setup ... changing the color profile ... recreating the map ... but nothing seemed to work. After a while, James recommended I try one of the dev builds. No luck there either. I played around a bit more last night. It looks like I have it working now. I had to remove the 'color' properties from all of the channels in the LipSync element. Then, in my map ... I just set all colors to white. I don't fully understand why ... but that seems to have fixed it. Now I can see the previews of my LipSync element.

I reached out to James last night and he was kind enough to hop on my system and take a look. We tried re-patching the elements in the display setup ... changing the color profile ... recreating the map ... but nothing seemed to work. After a while, James recommended I try one of the dev builds. No luck there either. I played around a bit more last night. It looks like I have it working now. I had to remove the 'color' properties from all of the channels in the LipSync element. Then, in my map ... I just set all colors to white. I don't fully understand why ... but that seems to have fixed it. Now I can see the previews of my LipSync element.

This tells me that the colors in the map are not exactly the same as the colors in the color property in the display setup. For it it work they must match. I suspect you would see the effects generated in the timeline to be empty rather than colored which also indicates that the color did not match what the element was set to support.

If you want to upload the non working version of your profile to a ticket at bugs.vixenlights.com I can also take a look and tell you exactly what the issue is.

it was funny we would set his colors in his color handling and in the map you would only have choose of 1 color that looked like the color of the color set in color handling I had no problems setting up my own singing tree
This tells me that the colors in the map are not exactly the same as the colors in the color property in the display setup. For it it work they must match. I suspect you would see the effects generated in the timeline to be empty rather than colored which also indicates that the color did not match what the element was set to support.

If you want to upload the non working version of your profile to a ticket at bugs.vixenlights.com I can also take a look and tell you exactly what the issue is.

it was funny we would set his colors in his color handling and in the map you would only have choose of 1 color that looked like the color of the color set in color handling I had no problems setting up my own singing tree

Mine have been set up for quite a while, so I have not tried recently. I certainly would like to see it so I can determine if there is something that needs to be fixed.

I created a ticket:

http://bugs.vixenlights.com/browse/VIX-2155

Your ticket was resolved and the fix included in the 3.4 release. Are you not getting the email updates for your ticket?
The problem has to do with colors not matching. It's a really technical detail. But in certain cases white and 255,255,255 are not technically equal. Jeff corrected the code to use the numerical value and not the named color. I forget off the top of my head which step was using the named color. So you may need to recreate that object with the new release to make it work. Hopefully jeff will chime in with specific instructions on what needs to be recreated to fix your profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your ticket was resolved and the fix included in the 3.4 release. Are you not getting the email updates for your ticket?
The problem has to do with colors not matching. It's a really technical detail. But in certain cases white and 255,255,255 are not technically equal. Jeff corrected the code to use the numerical value and not the named color. I forget off the top of my head which step was using the named color. So you may need to recreate that object with the new release to make it work. Hopefully jeff will chime in with specific instructions on what needs to be recreated to fix your profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I haven't seen any email updates. Also, when I check the ticket it still shows as unresolved. I'm glad to hear that the issue was fixed. Should I just grab the latest dev build? Or is there a stable 3.4 version I should try?

Back