Where to find Vixen 2.5.x.x

intwoit2002

I have not been able to find Vixen 2.5.x.x. I have looked in the Vixen areas, but have only found 2.1.

Must be a senior moment thing.

Thanks,
Al

The most recent version is 2.5.0.7.

It can be found in THIS THREAD on page 27, post #264 (posted by KC himself).

You can also find a bunch of the different releases on the www.vixenlights.com website.
You just have to go to the correct page found HERE.

Last edited:
Is there a standalone Prepare/convert tool. I have been downloading misc. sequences and would like to convert them without having to convert the whole folder.

cannot download....states usere bandwidth exceede. so who ever is hosting link has to many visitors. anywhere else to pick it up?...(fixed Now)

Last edited:
Is there a storage location for all of the versions of Vixen? I am looking for ver 2.0.4, but cannot locate it. It would be really great if all the different versions were in one location so that folks could try them to address their particular issues.

Just a thought

2.1 is the latest "official" release. 2.5 it out there and being used by many, but it only in the "wants to be 2.5 when it grows up" thread. I think KC even calls 2.5.x a pre-beta or alpha release.

Last edited:
The 2.5.X versions are beta versions.

I SECOND THIS! I just spent 3 days working with K.C. on some background sequence / renard plugin issues for 2 or 3 diffrent bugs; and K.C. and I have determined that using 2.5 for a production (read: real/live) show is NOT a good idea.

Now being a dum-dum I did all of my stuff in 2.5 and not 2.1; so K.C. wrote a downgrade program (he will post it soon) that I have tested to un-do my massive error.

A big thanks to K.C. for his massive help with 2.5!

I SECOND THIS! I just spent 3 days working with K.C. on some background sequence / renard plugin issues for 2 or 3 diffrent bugs; and K.C. and I have determined that using 2.5 for a production (read: real/live) show is NOT a good idea.

And you're just coming to this conclusion NOW?

For what I was doing with it - it should of been fine (I wasn't using any of the new stuff) but KC told me it had a very large re-write of the core and that was why I was having problems. Not knowing that I ventured forth and got pie in my face :p

I've had better luck with 2.5 for Christmas than I did using 2.1 for Halloween. I did upgrade the hardware also, but 2.5.0.8 has been great. There are a few bugs, nothing serious to me and some of the new features don't work exactly right. I don't have a reason to down-grade. Is the plan to finish 2.5?

I cannot get 2.5.0.7 or 2.5.0.8 to order channels properly and I know this worked last year when I was on 2.1 version. Are these versions still betas?
I am pulling my hair out...
Where do I get version 2.1 again and will my converted scripts (for 2.5 ) work back on 2.1

H E L P
Thanks in advance

I cannot get 2.5.0.7 or 2.5.0.8 to order channels properly and I know this worked last year when I was on 2.1 version. Are these versions still betas?
Where do I get version 2.1 again and will my converted scripts (for 2.5 ) work back on 2.1

H E L P
Thanks in advance

Vixen 2.5 has known bugs, it never got out of beta, and IMO, it's fruitless to try to make it work. For some people the basics work okay and they use it. But for some of the special functions, to me it's just not worth the time to mess with it. I have a lot better things to do than try to make a program work that has proven to be problematic...

The channel reorder doesn't save in Vixen 2.5, at least in the two versions that you mentioned. I use a profile and have found that you can move the channels with just Notepad. All of the channels are right at the begining of the file.

H E L P
Thanks in advance

Both are here, Version 2.1 and the downgrade utility to take your sequences back to 2.1
http://www.vixenlights.com/releases/

Curiouser and curiouser.

The version that I have used without issue for the last two years identifies itself as 2.5.0.4

Must have been the last auto update before 2.5.0.5

Joel

Attachments

• VixVer.png
    VixVer.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 56
I reverted to 2.1.4.0 and I still have the same problem....
Maybe I misunderstood how this works, but I am sure I could bring up and edit a specific channel order. Now I cannot get any order but the natural order....

Back