Where to find Vixen 2.5.x.x

I think I got it...
You must enter the name of the channel order you want to change and then select define new order.....WOW
Next year I will forget this again for sure!!!!!!!!!!!1

In version 2.5.0.X it does not save channel order. You have to select the channel order form the drop down box on the main screen(if you have already saved a different channel order in your profile or sequence). It may be the same in 2.1, I haven't used it in a long time.

I'm a newbie and after reading this thread I'm confused. Which version should I be using? I'm new and just getting started for next year. I plan on using the Renard controllers. Happy Holidays everyone!!!

The most universally stable version of Vixen is 2.1 (or 2.1.4) available from www.vixenlights.com

Version 2.5 was released as beta software and it never made it OUT of that mode. Some users have found it to work just fine; others have had all manner of problems with it. IMO it's not worth the trouble to mess with it insofar as an early Vixen 3.0 beta is available. Vixen 2.5 will never be "fixed" and should probably be considered as a dead-end.

Vixen 3.0 shows great promise, but is not fully developed into a solid, releasable version quite yet. Those who install it are essentially "testing" it, and if that's what you want to do, go for it -- it's available in the Vixen 3.0 thread somewhere. But if it were me, I'd go for the known commodity, version 2.1. I've been using it for 3+ years and it performs like a champ.

Back