Ren64XC and 16 SSRs for Sale

jeff.ott

I'm selling my Renard 64XC and the 16 SSR's that went with it. It is mounted in the enclosure with PS. the SSR's will need to have wires unsoldiered from the com ports. I'm asking $50.00 for all of it (plus shipping).

Attachments

• Ren64.jpg
    Ren64.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 60
C'mon, all you newbies out there.... this is just a fantastic deal on a fantastic controller!!! No, it doesn't do pixels but for strings of lights, you'd be hard pressed to find anything better. What a great way to get into animated lighting for a song and a dance!!!

C'mon, all you newbies out there.... this is just a fantastic deal on a fantastic controller!!! No, it doesn't do pixels but for strings of lights, you'd be hard pressed to find anything better. What a great way to get into animated lighting for a song and a dance!!!
Dave is right, this is a good deal for Ren64XC plus SSRs. I still run at least one or two of these in my show every year, plus a couple of RenPlus32s

I have a couple Ali DMX boards, and they work okay. They have only 24 channels and they're DC output only. So they're okay. The Ren64 offers 64 channels and with the SSRs, has 64 channels of 120vac control. Don't let the soldering scare you away. Soldering is or should be one of the basic skills a Christmas light DIY'er should acquire. It's not difficult. It does take a little practice (probably 2-3 hours is all) but once you have that skill in your toolbelt, a whole new DIY world opens up to you that the retail world can't provide.

You can put up lots of barriers to growth in this hobby. "If only this" or "I can't because" is too easy to use as a crutch to keep you from trying something. Jump in. You won't regret it.

I absolutely welcome a discussion on Renard vs. DMX (not in the buy/sell forum, though), but I just think the end result is simpler by putting your single colors and dumb RGB's on the same universe & protocol as your movers.

I understand. Been there, done that, too. It was okay, but I have found it to be not as convenient as being able to work with AC lights, which don't require a specific power supply and potentially all the extra power wiring that can occur, depending on the installation. But everyone has his or her own faves and that's what makes this hobby so dynamic.

Good luck to you with your 2024 show!!!

you definitely need soldering in your tool belt for this hobby. I can't count the number of pads and wires I've soldered over the years in this hobby. . .

Back