2.1 Tentative

Much like Steve's experience, I copied sequences, profiles, and programs and everything fired right up. From the scheduler I'm running a program using a profile, than repeating a sequence with a profile and then one without each for 90 minutes and I'll repeat that daily until I break it or the snow melts and I can take down my display - whichever happens first.

MR16s look good under the snow.

Thanks KC

Only thing I can note is a request to disable the Programs >Manage button while "Executing Timer Control" routine is running.

Nothing can be done with Vixen until the current Executing Timer Control runs its course, or you crash Vixen from the Control Panel.

That's fair and reasonable. What else have you done that crashes the app while a scheduled execution is running?

Downloaded 2.1, copied audio/sequences/profiles, made a new program, set a timer.

It started on time, and is still running.

I had no problems with timers, background music, or any issues with anything this season. I can't confirm any fixes, but I can say it still works!!

tom

I am confused. I downloaded 2.1, extracted the zip file, went to the folder where everything was extracted, opened it up, and cannot find a setup.exe, install.exe or vixen.exe in the directory. All I can find is Prepare.exe and update.exe. I think prepare converts old files and update is just the script that runs when you start vixen.

Which am I supposed to click on or what did I forget to do? Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

I am confused. I downloaded 2.1, extracted the zip file, went to the folder where everything was extracted, opened it up, and cannot find a setup.exe, install.exe or vixen.exe in the directory. All I can find is Prepare.exe and update.exe. I think prepare converts old files and update is just the script that runs when you start vixen.

Which am I supposed to click on or what did I forget to do? Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

If there is another subfolder named "Vixen 2.1", keep opening them. Like the spaghetti sauce...it's in there.

Hi KC

I'm a "new one", so I may have the problems. I'm still learning.

This error occurs on sequence startup (F5):

Plugins:
Adjustable Preview
Renard Dimmer (modified)
32 channels (1-32)
Serial Port==Com 2
8 data bits
No Parity
1 Stop Bit

Following dialog box opens:
======================================================================================
Vixen Error:

Renard Dimmer (modified)

(Router-Startup)
Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service

======================================================================================

Sequence continues normally after pressing OK in dialog box.

I do not have the Renards connected (they are not constructed yet).

This dialog did not appear until using Tentative 2.1.

The sequence (unfinished) ran OK on 2.09. However, going back to 2.09 after the error with 2.1 results in the same error without a restart of the computer.

Also, the computer restarts itself from a shutdown command, but only after using Tentative 2.1.

Further testing will be done to see if it's my problem.

Computer:
AMD Athlon 64--2.0 Ghz.
2.0 GB memory
2 monitors
Windows XP Home Edition

Thanks for your work. Would like to see recognition of USB ports in Parallel plugins.

Again, THANKS
Idunbenhad

Thanks all,
I got the files finally. After KC told me to download it again, I checked the Zip files and they were in there - they just never extracted (about 4 files failed to extract). Extracted again and got it to work.

KC, thanks for the change to the script sequences that allow lights to stay on between commands. Makes it very useful for how I intend to use the scripts.

Steve

Things have been quiet. Is it really going that well or is everyone as busy as everyone seems to be these days?

KC.

I've played my entire sequence two nights in the past week.

I've also played it for several hours without the controller attached.

Nothing bad to report :)

Sorry to be a burden on you KC, but I have the Beta 2.05 running on my computer currently. To get the latest and greatest I should download the Version 2 Vixen and then the patches that were posted earilier in this thread. Correct?

Sorry to be a burden on you KC, but I have the Beta 2.05 running on my computer currently. To get the latest and greatest I should download the Version 2 Vixen and then the patches that were posted earilier in this thread. Correct?

Just download the zip file above and extract. It's not a patch, but rather an entire install.

Hi KC:
I think I should clarify my request about USB/parallel.

First, 2.1 is still giving me the error reported earlier. I still don't know why, but I am working on it.

My request was for the parallel plug-ins to recognize USB to parallel converters.

I have lots of USB ports, but only 1 parallel, and I have two 8 channel parallel boards. Sighhhhhhhhh.

I also do not know if you have been programming the plug-ins, or if that is another party.

Anyway, thanks again for your work. It is highly appreciated

Idun

Based on discussions I've had elsewhere, the problem isn't with Vixen in regard to the USB-Parallel converters, but rather with the converters themselves not being truly compatible with a "real" parallel port. The implementation of the hardware and drivers from the manufacturers just doesn't allow the low level signal control we've enjoyed with the old ports. I have heard mention that there are a few homebrew converters that were designed to give this functionality, but nothing commmercially available.

HI:
Thanks, KC, for the reply on the parallel ports. Will buy an additional card.

Now, in reference to post #27 and the error i receive: I have done further testing and always get the same error dialog box with 2.1. If I run 2.09 I NEVER get this message:

Test Sequence: (This morning)

Start computer:
Start Vixen 2.09:
Load sequence:
Run sequence--Everything OK
Change sequence--Everything OK
Shut down Vixen:
Shut down computer.

Start computer:
Start Vixen 2.1
Load sequence (same sequence as above)
Run sequence--Everything OK
Change sequence--Receive Error as reported in Post #27
Shut down Vixen.
Computer response has become very sluggish

If I stop 2.1 and go back to 2.09, same problem occurs. It is carried from one version to the other, perhaps indicating something is happening in one of the plugins or accessing of the ports.

Shut down computer (normal shutdown, but response is slow)
Restart--Everything OK.

Same conditions and plugins as in Post #27.

I have not been using 2.1 because of this problem.

Thanks again.

Idun

Didn't see it here - has anyone tried this on a 64 platform, yet? I just bought a new high-faluting Vista64 laptop, and I would like to try it on there, just wondering if anyone has already? I won't be running a show off this computer, but I like to play around with sequencing when I'm supposed to be working...
lmao.gif
so basically, I only need the Preview to work.

Thanks,

Roger

Idun,

I may be wrong, but I don't believe you can just swap sequences back and forth between the 2.0x and 2.1 versions since there have been some changes related to channels. If I'm is corrrect, you'll need to make sure that you re-unzip the sequence update program (it deletes after it runs) before you start up 2.1 and that the sequences that you are intending to use are in the 2.1 versions sequence folder before you start up Vixen.

It might also help if you post the sequence and the profile so that others can check it out and see if it's particular to your system or to 2.1.

Pat

Phenagan:
It appears you are right. I followed your instructions and 2.1 now seems to be running OK.

Being a newbee, my sequence so far is very simple. I have worked a long time on it and have less than a minute programmed.

I experiment a lot, and that's probably the reason I am so slow at this. Also, I am not using a profile at this time, and as stated in post #27, my controllers are not even constructed yet, so am just using "Adjustable Preview".

Hopefully, I'll get all this done by next Christmas!!

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it very much.

Idun

Back