Carousel Build

Some pictures of the wording for the base / floor.

Attachments

• Carousel 112.jpg
    Carousel 112.jpg
    579.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Carousel 115.jpg
    Carousel 115.jpg
    559.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Carousel 117.jpg
    Carousel 117.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 84
Pictures of the slip ring installed

Attachments

• Carousel 128.jpg
    Carousel 128.jpg
    585.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Carousel 130.jpg
    Carousel 130.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Carousel 129.jpg
    Carousel 129.jpg
    592 KB · Views: 115
Looks like my trusty wiper motor isn't strong enough to lift the caracters up and down. The wieght of the plywood, especially all three, are just too heavy.
Wait a minute. :hmm: Normally only two would be in exact sync with each other, the next two would be 1/3 behind and the next two would be 2/3 behind. If all of the characters weigh the same, everything should be in balanced. So if you added weight to match the heaviest one the motor should only have friction as the load.

Last edited:
Looks great, I built mine last year, it's about 8' across, kept running into motor issues, what kind of motor did You run it on that will stay running over the long hall?

Looks great, I built mine last year, it's about 8' across, kept running into motor issues, what kind of motor did You run it on that will stay running over the long hall?

Wiper motor. I use them for almost all of my projects. Cheap, great tourque even at low voltage and a work horse.

Wiper motor. I use them for almost all of my projects. Cheap, great tourque even at low voltage and a work horse.

I had not thought of that motor, I used a garage door opener, not for running very long, tried a dryer motor, not enough to turn it, will find a wiper motor, any brand GM, Ford, Chrysler work any better.

Back