E682 irmware for RGBW Pixels

Will I was able to flash the new eeprom at lunch time. I placed 4.08 on it since its going back in the aux card. Now back to troubleshooting that card.

Well a new year and a new kit. Started at 7 pm last night and finished building it at midnight. Powered up first try. Don't like ver 4 because you can not set output levels per universe. So back to flashing 5 and I have the same problem as before. I guess I will need to use the prop usb adapter again. Funny thing is I had a bad one from the vendor I bought from; then he sent a replacement and it worked, but after some time I came accross it and I threw it away thinking it was the bad one. Then I found the bad one and realized my mistake. Dummy, dummy dummy!

Never mind guys, got it figured out. Don't know why I did not think of this last year? I placed a switch between the router and the PC. Hooked the e682 into the switch and ran the flash program, worked like a charm. :yeah:

Never mind guys, got it figured out. Don't know why I did not think of this last year? I placed a switch between the router and the PC. Hooked the e682 into the switch and ran the flash program, worked like a charm. :yeah:

I'm having no luck trying to get my newly-built E6804 to update the firmware, and I've got a setup like yours: PC connected to router, a network switch connected to router, E6804 connected to switch. Fire up the fwloader program, it sees the eeprom file, hit Update Firmware on the E6804 webpage and it doesn't update...I just keep getting Timed Out alerts after waiting 2-3 minutes for the update to happen. I've sent Jim an email but this is frustrating.

I'm having no luck trying to get my newly-built E6804 to update the firmware, and I've got a setup like yours: PC connected to router, a network switch connected to router, E6804 connected to switch. Fire up the fwloader program, it sees the eeprom file, hit Update Firmware on the E6804 webpage and it doesn't update...I just keep getting Timed Out alerts after waiting 2-3 minutes for the update to happen. I've sent Jim an email but this is frustrating.

Re-Read what he stated .
I placed a switch between the router and the PC

You're right - I missed that critical detail of having a switch between router and PC.

Dug through my old electronics boxes from when I built my E682s and found my Parallax Propeller USB device, and quickly downloaded the Parallax software. It took 1st try!

Last edited:
You're right - I missed that critical detail of having a switch between router and PC.

Dug through my old electronics boxes from when I built my E682s and found my Parallax Propeller USB device, and quickly downloaded the Parallax software. It took 1st try!

The simplest method is directly connect to the PC's nic for ethernet cable firmware uploading .
The prop plug is the better solution.

Back