ElfPreview Output PlugIn (new)

I am not very computer savy. How do I upgrade to the new version without the fear of losing all the work I put into my current preview? I dont want to lose everything.

How do I upgrade to the new version without the fear of losing all the work I put into my current preview?
First of all, make a backup of all your sequences. You should be doing this anyway and not on your computer, I use a network drive and a USB drive.

Then you just turn off the adjustable preview and turn on elf, everything should be there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I should have been more .I have the first version of the elf preview and have spent a long time customizing my preview. I am worried about losing my setup by upgrading to the new version. I did run into the issue with setting up a program and not being able to run anything. I tried a mock show and it won't let me run with the preview checked. It won't even show the sequence running in the background. Do I need to copy and replace all of the files in the new link?

If you've already setup the preview with Elf, then just update the library files in the Plugin\Output folder with the new version. There is no conversion.

If you've created the preview with Adjustable preview (KC's original or the version I put out last year), then add Elf Preview to your output plugins when you edit your profile in vixen. Don't remove adjustable preview yet until you have run the setup button and saved. it will read the adjustable preview data and save it's own separately. As long as you never actually remove adjustable preview (just uncheck) from your outputs, that data will remain. Vixen treats them as separate plugins (which they are).

Again, like Ernie mentioned, back up your profiles before doing anything. I create a Backup folder in my Profile folder and copy all the files there.

If something happens, let me know and I will see what's up.

The ELF Preview doesn't like it when I change the channel outputs. It messes up the entire display.

i.e(Mini tree 1 red, mini tree 1 green, mini tree 1 white are channels 1,2,3 respectively, but I change the output channels to be 1, 4, 7 and the display gets messed up)

The ELF Preview doesn't like it when I change the channel outputs. It messes up the entire display.

i.e(Mini tree 1 red, mini tree 1 green, mini tree 1 white are channels 1,2,3 respectively, but I change the output channels to be 1, 4, 7 and the display gets messed up)

Just noticed that myself.

So I've been a fan of this preview since last year. However somewhere along the way I picked up the "Alpha" error. I've lurked with great anticipation of using Elf. So the time is here and I'm trying to use Elf with very little success.

I seemed to have the same issues Ernie was having with the docking dll. So I did what Rob said, put in the original Adjustable Preview from KC, used the new docking file from the latest version and I can kinda get it to work.

Either I can get the channels without my background pic or I get nothing. In all cases I cannot get the preview to work with both the background pic and the channels displaying in new editor. Seems the program keeps killing my old preview from my profile. I have my profile backed up so I get it back but for whatever reason I can't get it to work.

Any ideas? I know this is an excellent preview editor as I've used previous version with great success and it's a HUGE time saver. I know this is user error so hopefully some out there can tell me what I'm doing wrong; at this point I'm despite!

Vixen 2.1.4.0

A little more detail, I can get the preview to load but when I press play, I hear the audio of the preview but there is no corresponding rendering (I find the window and make it large so I know it's not a case of the window hiding from me). I've read this thread over and over and I've tried every imaginable combination of Elf/old new files and I just cant get anything to work. At this point I'm just trying to get the channels to play, most times when I get the channels to load, I cannot get my background image to load even if I set it

In this profile I have 1024 channels available but I'm using around 700.

I did all my sequencing in Vixen 2.1 this past year and my first year in the hobby.

A new year now and time to try something new since I have some time. I didn't want to change steps in the middle of trying to learn and work with Ver. 2.1 to get my first show running.

So, for starters I need to know, Do I make a new folder in the Plugins folder and copy the ElfPreview files to it. Or just add them to the PlugIns folder?

Does anybody know where I can download this from these days? I'd like to try it on Vixen 2.1 and 2.5.

Thanks

Oh my goodness, this still kinda exists! I was the original author (new profile, new me) way back about a decade ago.

Sorry I couldn't keep it up, my life radically changed

Back