ESPixelStick V2 Group Buy - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller kit

Just checked shipping and mine arrived in the big city of Albany, NY this morning at 2:20! So I should see them next month :shock:!

Just kidding, they should be here tomorrow as long as the horse doesn't get tired bringing the mail! :biggrin: WooHoo! Time to heat up the soldering station, grab my tools, and tinker away for a bit with some fun.

Update
The ESPixelStick v2.0 Firmware is ready! You can download pre-compiled binaries along with the flash tool here. Assembly and usage manual should be wrapped up by tomorrow.
-shelby

Last edited:
Ugh! I literally just finished flashing 4 units and disconnected the FTDI connector and patch wires.

I got part of mine, but the ESP-01 Module's that I ordered where not included.

** UPDATE - sporadic pm'd telling me he'll get them out asap, thank you for the quick response.

Last edited:
Received mine, but I have a question on the build: how are the 6mm buttons oriented on the board? I assume the square solder pad is switch pin 1, and pin 2 is horizontally adjacent to pin 1 (if the board is oriented long side vertical). I can see what appears to be a vertical trace between pins 1 and 3 if the orientation I've described is correct, but I want to make certain before I start soldering.

Received mine, but I have a question on the build: how are the 6mm buttons oriented on the board? I assume the square solder pad is switch pin 1, and pin 2 is horizontally adjacent to pin 1 (if the board is oriented long side vertical). I can see what appears to be a vertical trace between pins 1 and 3 if the orientation I've described is correct, but I want to make certain before I start soldering.

They should only insert in one orientation, but this should help:

ESPixelStick V2 by smerrick, on Flickr

They actually fit in 2 orientations and you have to wiggle them in to seat them all the way down to the board

Hoping to have the manual wrapped up this weekend, just haven't had time to work on it. With that being said, I've had a few questions from people about how to program them. Attached is the programming section from the current draft.

Attachments

• how_to_flash.pdf
    702.5 KB · Views: 49
Behind on wrapping on the manual up, but will make sure to note it in there. Thanks!

I would describe it as the sides of the button where the top of the "legs" are exposed should be at the top and bottom of the pad (when the board is oriented with the long side vertical).

Last edited:
Back