Full Wave Converter and Super String Shortener 2014 GB No 2

kmalsom

I'm out of panels, so the group buy is closed.
FWC Full Wave Converter & Super String Shortener
Group Buy​

Group Buy Rules: Read before posting in this thread!

By participating in this Group Buy all participants agree to release www.doityourselfchristmas.com, its Owners, Administrators, Moderators or any other staff of any and all liability and waive all rights I may have under all laws and governing bodies. By posting in this thread you agree you are entering a binding contract between the Organizer (kmalsom) and the Participant.

Click below to read the rules:

Group Buy Rules
You MUST be a Supporting Member to participate in any Group Buy held on DIYC.

You can become a Supporting member by clicking "Settings" in the upper right of the page, and then "Paid Subscriptions" in the "My Account" menu on the left.
Participation in all Group Buys will require you to be a Supporting member.

Supporting Member has it's perks :thup:

This is for the Full Wave Converter Board - See here: Full Wave Converter
View attachment 23482
and
The Super String Shortener Board
View attachment 23483
and
Pre-Bent 1n4007 Diodes
View attachment 23484

The FWC is a board that contains 4 diodes set in a configuration to convert a string of LED lights from 1/2 wave to full wave.

The SSS is a board that contains 4 diodes set in a configuration to convert a string of LED lights from 1/2 wave to full wave and spots for 1 or 2 resistors up to 2 Watt. This means you can shorten a string of LEDs as well as rectifying it and keep it all on one board.

NOTE: Each panel contains 54 boards. In other words, the buying unit is one panel. This panel is a 'panelized' PCB in that it contains a subset of smaller PCBs. The smaller PCBs are separated by a v-score in the panel and you literally break the smaller PCBs off from the main PCB panel.

So, when you buy one panel from this group buy, you will be receiving 54 FWCs or 54 SSSs.
There is no option for a smaller quantity of boards.

Pricing Info:

FWC Panel - $3.25 (each FWC costs 6 cents ! 3.25/54 = .06)
SSS Panel - $4.75 (each SSS costs 9 cents ! 4.75/54 = .09)
1 Bag of 250 1n4007 diodes (+/-3) - $7.00 These are pre-bent by Wayne J(2.8 cents per diode) - It takes 216 diodes per panel

Each FWC or SSS board requires a quantity of 4 * 1n4005/6/7 Diodes. Each panel requires 216 of these diodes.
For the SSS board, you will also need the appropriate sized resistor(s). As you can see in the second picture, the board is set up so that you can only put one resistor in if needed. I've tested this with Vishay 2 Watt resistors and anything that size or smaller will work. Here is a calculator that will help in determining the minimum resistor size.

Both of these boards will fit in a 3/8" shrink tube. The FWC board is approximately 3/8" x 7/8" and the SSS is approximately 7/16" x 1-9/16"

Shipping (US)
Shipping will be done by USPS flat rate priority mail or first class mail if under 13 ounces. Flat rate prices range from $5.30 to $11.15. I will always try to save you money on shipping. If under 13 ounces, they will ship first class mail in a padded envelope to keep costs down.

Canada and outside North America – Additional shipping fees apply. Please note this in your post and I will get you actual shipping costs.

PayPal
US: PayPal fees will be added: $0.30 + 3%
Non-US: PayPal fees will be added: $0.30 + 4%

Post the number of FWC panels, SSS Panels and bags of Diodes you want.

This Group Buy is limited to the first 50 participants. I currently have 52 of each panel available. Once the group buy hits this, or on May 10th, I will close this group buy. If there is enough interest to order more panels, I will run another group buy later in the year.

Please do not edit your post if you want to change your quantity, but rather make a new reply.
Payment will be made by paypal to kmalsom@malsom.net

Last edited:
Here is the link to the google doc with the total counts: FWC_SSS Group Buy 2

FWC_SSS_GB_2.png

Please check the quantities next to your name.

If the shipping next to your name is $0.00, please send me your zip code, so I can calculate 1st class postage. Also please let me know if you want insurance or I will assume it is a no. If anyone is in Canada, please let me know even if there is a shipping cost next to your name as I'm assuming over 13 ozs is US Priority mail flat rate.

04/14/2014: Updated for know shipping. Please review and let me know your zip code if the shipping says $0. Please note that the spreadsheet in the link is more up to date than the image.

Last edited:
Back