Helix Ether-Node Controller

If the firmware isn't being loaded as Greg suggests, I had a problem with the microSD card. Try reformatting your SD card's and then reload the files. I might also suggest trying a different SD card.

If the firmware isn't being loaded as Greg suggests, I had a problem with the microSD card. Try reformatting your SD card's and then reload the files. I might also suggest trying a different SD card.

I have already tried formatting both cards; and I used both cards last year in my V3 last year with no failures.

Another point of interest, tried swapping Propellers between the V3 and Ethernode with the same result from the Ethernode.

Excellent news!
After many hours of frustration and an extensive troubleshooting process, I finally discovered the problem. There was a solder bridge on the SD card socket between the third pin from the right to the chassis of the socket. A simple reflow of the joint solved the problem. My first test run of the system was a success tonight! I hope to be up and running this weekend and have all the wires from the house removed. Thanks all for the help. The info about the firmware not loading from the SD card led me to this discovery.

Back