Helix Ether-Node Controller

On your aScn controller details your board type is not selected like I pointed out in my other posts. It might be an issue not sure

Ok, I think I'm picking up what you're putting down. However, that option is grayed out on my computer therefore I can't change it.

Also of note I forgot to mention the heartbeat led on the Ethernode does not beat it is steady on. Don't know if that changes things.

Odd considering others have had it. Maybe that is the issue

The "board type" field is grayed out on mine as well and was also for last year's show so I don't think there is anything you can do regarding that. It was a good suggestion though.

I still don't have mine working and the frustration and stress level is getting pretty high on my part. Argghh!

The differences between last years show with my ether-node controller and this year are:

1) This year I used Vixen3 and exported to a Vixen 2.1 sequence. The V2.1 sequence looks fine, it plays in Vixen 2.1 and I can use HNS to upload the sequence to my Helix Main and Ether-Node boards without any errors. I just don't get any pixels flashing.
2) Added an additional E682 board.
3) Added MANY more pixels so the vixen sequence channel count is >4,000 where last years overall channel count was ~300.

I've uploaded last years show to my Helix equipment and that works, so I'm guessing it has something to do with either using Vixen3 or the increased channel count.

I'll try to do a smaller sequence in Vixen3 to see if that has an effect and I'll also try copying nutcracker effects into a vixen2.1 sequence to see if that works.

Either way it is taking too much time, energy and sapping any sanity I still have left but thanks for the various suggestions.

at kiowamike, good luck to you. how did you program your sequences? Straight in Vixen 2 or did you use Vixen3 also?

The heartbeat led steady on means everything. If it is not flashing thn it is not rwcieving the dmx signal correctly. Then it has to be a programing issue with vixen or in the transfer between vixen and the HNS

Either way it is taking too much time, energy and sapping any sanity I still have left but thanks for the various suggestions.

Ditto.

at kiowamike, good luck to you. how did you program your sequences? Straight in Vixen 2 or did you use Vixen3 also?

Thanks, I appreciate it.
I made a test sequence in Vixen 2.1 that turns all channels on for 1 second then off for 1 second. Currently I am using a REN SS8 for testing before I move things outdoors. I am not running a full show this year as I do not have the time it takes to set up and maintain. I am just running a pixel mega tree and a few mini trees as an animated display (no sequencing and music). My E1.31 bridge is fully tested and ready to go. I have already invested time and money into the Helix controllers and would prefer them to work for me instead of spending more money on a wireless access point to go outside. Also my wife says no more wires through windows.

The heartbeat led steady on means everything. If it is not flashing thn it is not rwcieving the dmx signal correctly. Then it has to be a programing issue with vixen or in the transfer between vixen and the HNS

Thanks I'll make a new test sequence.

The heart beat led has to flash off and on at a steady rate while working to show it is recieving signal. If it is solid on there should be an error file generated as to why. Use noyepad to open ypur error file and see. If there is no error file I'd check the sd card on your main board for an error file.

No error file generated on either SD card.

If it is not flashing thn it is not rwcieving the dmx signal correctly

Let me confirm my jumper settings with you guys.
HNC jumpers installed on H7,8,9 and on the upper 2 pins of H3 and 4
Ethernode jumpers installed on H5 and the right 2 pins of H3 and 4

Another point that may be of significance is that I had to make an adapter for the ST485 on the Ethernode. Mouser was out of the DIP version. I have the SMD version mounted to an adapter board and connected by jumper wires. Might that have an effect?

It might does said jumper config work with other gear for dmx ????

No idea as the E1.31 Bridge is the only piece of DMX gear I own. Even if there is an issue with the 485 side of the house wouldn't that leave the Xbee unaffected?

It should as you should be able to access the xbee no matter what but if it is affecting signal getting to the gear xbee will be affected

Make sure you have an xbee connection between the 2 units. If not then you jave an issue sending the commands between the mainboard and your ethernetnode

Make sure you have an xbee connection between the 2 units. If not then you jave an issue sending the commands between the mainboard and your ethernetnode
Good signal between the 2. AI is flashing on both and RX and TX lights respond accordingly.

Plus your e1.31 bridge ahould have status leds to tell you if it is getting aignal
I assume you're referring to the ACT led. Its blank.

Still solid heartbeat and show stopped on the Ethernode. The HNC is playing the show as it should but no output from the Ethernode. Also no Socket lights illuminate on the Ethernode.

Here is the config file from the Ethernode maybe this will help?[

2 System Address
1 Baud Rate Index (57600 bps)
1 Communication Mode (XBee (Wireless))
18 MAC 1st octet
52 MAC 2nd octet
86 MAC 3rd octet
120 MAC 4th octet
144 MAC 5th octet
2 MAC 6th octet (matches system address)
192 IP address 1st octet
168 IP address 2nd octet
10 IP address 3rd octet
10 IP address 4th octet
255 Subnet mask 1st octet
255 Subnet mask 2nd octet
255 Subnet mask 3rd octet
0 Subnet mask 4th octet
192 Gateway address 1st octet
168 Gateway address 2nd octet
10 Gateway address 3rd octet
1 Gateway address 4th octet