Holiday Coro Singing Pumpkin

Hiya,

My pumpkins went online last night. Wonderful idea Dirk.

I hope to shoot some videos this evening.

All of the kids loved the singing pumpkin at my daughter b-day party. Every time it would start they would run to watch it. It was good times.

Took me a while to get this made but here is my video of my talking faces. The other two are on my neighbors house and I don't have a wide lens camera so I wasn't able to capture them, but there are two more that are synchronized to the music.

I just stacked mine in top of each other and made a 'dummy" frame - the unpainted 2x4 - and used the corro that the faces were shipped in as a cover. I strapped them all together so they can't move and break any bulbs and put them on the shelf. I will use the same with the Giant corro pumpkin and put it next to the smaller one. I bought some 2x8 12' boards the straddle the shelves and this way the wife's car can still fit in the garage UNDER it.
View attachment 12148

David here with HolidayCoro.com -
That's a really good idea to but a cleat on the front - not only would it provide more "clamping" of the coro but it also solves the issue if you are storing it laying down. If you have a variety of of our items which are usually 46"x46" outside dimensions, you can just stack one inside the other.

David could you clarify what you are meaning with the cleat on the front allowing for more clamping?

I just stacked mine in top of each other and made a 'dummy" frame - the unpainted 2x4 - and used the corro that the faces were shipped in as a cover. I strapped them all together so they can't move and break any bulbs and put them on the shelf.
I am trying to figure out what to do with the smaller pumpkins. I think I am going to build 2 48x48 frames with 2x4 inside and across like a picture frame to hold 4 separate pumpkins and put plywood on top and bottom. As far as the larger one I disposed of the shipping coro so will use plywood front and back with a spacer on the front to protect the lights.
Then again....I just might send COD to the DIYC storage facility at:
26 Woodlawn Ave
Ft. Mitchell, KY

David could you clarify what you are meaning with the cleat on the front allowing for more clamping?

By placing a spacer or "cleat" on the front of the side with the coro, atleast as tall as the bulb tips sticking out from the top of the coro. For the Pumpkin Bunch - they just stack on top of each other. See attached photos.

PumpkinBunchStacked.JPG

BulbsWithSpacer.JPG

Alright, I am all set. I've got all of the mini lights needed based on the instructions. Now I just need to holiday coro 8 x 8 pumpkin to go back on sale. Hooray!

I saw just a few amber sets, but I knew I wouldn't be able to color match. I bought clear; I am going to paint them with X-Metals paint.

Alright, I am all set. I've got all of the mini lights needed based on the instructions. Now I just need to holiday coro 8 x 8 pumpkin to go back on sale. Hooray!

We are working on a completely new website that will go live in early to mid January and we'll open up the pre-season discounts at that time.

We are working on a completely new website that will go live in early to mid January and we'll open up the pre-season discounts at that time.

I purchase David's halo quartet for next year. These are the first items that I have bought from him. The quality is outstanding and the documentation is precise and easily understandable. When I need the items he markets, I will not hesitate to order from him again.

Ordered! Thanks, dmoore. For what it's worth, I had to use PayPal- I didn't have a choice to use my credit card. However, you have on your page that you can.

And folks, if you are on the fence getting these, dmoore has them on sale. That should push you over!!!

Ordered! Thanks, dmoore. For what it's worth, I had to use PayPal- I didn't have a choice to use my credit card. However, you have on your page that you can.

And folks, if you are on the fence getting these, dmoore has them on sale. That should push you over!!!

We've taken paypal for the last 2 years (which you can pay with a credit card if you don't have a bank setup) and we are working on getting the merchant account setup here in the next few days hopefully for those that want to pay directly with a credit card.

You are correct - everything is 20% off right now, only for the month of January!

Back