Lets see your DIY Cutouts

When i get home i have alot of christmas cutouts scanned so that all you have to do is print them out on a piece of clear projector plastic and trace. I ahev collected many coloring book page of Rankin/Bass movies and christmas televised show and will be glad to share them.

That would be great! Not sure I have time to cut much more out this year, but next year I want to add a lot more. I'm also thinking about a santa and sleigh with raindeer cutouts for the roof. So any pics that would work for them I would like to find too.

Here are a few that I have. I tried to upload them into the wiki but it kept blowning them up bigger. Maybe Brian can fix that problem. More to come. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Bumble_teeth.jpg
    Bumble_teeth.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 74
  • clarice.jpg
    clarice.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 73
  • birdswim.jpg
    birdswim.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 63
  • girlelf.bmp
    526.8 KB · Views: 70
  • hermy1.jpg
    hermy1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 74
More to follow. Enjoy!!!!

Attachments

• bass trees.bmp
    360.6 KB · Views: 46
  • bass trees2.bmp
    300.4 KB · Views: 42
  • bass trees3.bmp
    280.4 KB · Views: 39
  • bass trees3a.bmp
    280.4 KB · Views: 43
  • hermypliers.JPG
    hermypliers.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 49
Here are some more.Please Pm me with request and I will try to help anyone out if I can. Brian, please let me know if this breaks any rules of the forum.

Attachments

• HappyBumble.jpg
    HappyBumble.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 44
  • headelf.jpg
    headelf.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 57
  • kingmoonbeam.jpg
    kingmoonbeam.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 47
  • samsnowman.jpg
    samsnowman.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 60
  • sinkboat.JPG
    sinkboat.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 39
Merry Christmas DIYC !!!!

Attachments

• rudoplh2.jpg
    rudoplh2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 62
  • rudoplh.JPG
    rudoplh.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 46
  • roudoplh.jpg
    roudoplh.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 53
  • spotted elephant.jpg
    spotted elephant.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 48
  • trainsqaurewheels.JPG
    trainsqaurewheels.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 53
Happy New Year !!!!

Attachments

• kristhuper.jpg
    kristhuper.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 54
  • thumper.jpg
    thumper.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 56
  • yucon.JPG
    yucon.JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 67
  • candle.JPG
    candle.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 60
  • g10.gif
    g10.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 71
Thanks. This year I have made cutouts from the Rankin/Bass Christmas specials.

I just want to say that is awesome. Rankin/Bass are truly a part of Christmas in the U.S.

We bought the complete dvd set and my daughter watches them ad infinitum during the season.

I would love more info on how you went about this.

I also have a plotter, so maybe after the season we could do some full-size templates for members, if you have them in digital format.

Tim

EDIT- ok, finished the thread, I see how you did it :)

Last edited:
I use overhead projector and transparency sheets so you can get the right size to the other figuires throughout your display.

hey Disneynut, cool. I see you did this last year. If I can get those images to vector I could plot them (up to 24" wide) and print them. Alas, illustrator is not my forte, but I can give it a shot. I think I have paint.net somewhere.

I imagine that these are all out of copyright by now?

Tim

http://vectormagic.com/home Will convert for you. I don't have any templates myself. I usually lookup images online and draw them on OSB. I use different ones each year so I don't need them to last to long, however I still have all of mine in the shed and they have held up well. Maybe I'll place the old ones on the neighboors lawn. He never does anything...

The images are all from coloring books that I have legal purchased over the years through Ebay and garage sells. They are free to use as long as you don't sell for profit. Stuff like Disney, Universal, and new age stuff be careful with. But Rankin and Bass I think you are safe.

Back