More than 250 Vixen sequences now available

Hi all I am getting a similar error to above for the "Michael Myers (Theme from Halloween)"

If opening up the file in vixen v1 and saving it off to a different version works could somebody point me in the right directions.

Thanks

Hello,
if that sequence works ok in Vixen 1.0, but causes those errors in Vixen 2.1, it might need to be converted to be used with Vixen 2.1.

This thread here describes some good methods for converting Vixen 1.x sequences to Vixen 2.

This is the method I use for conversion:
1: Download the older Vixen 2.0, and extract. (Only the 2.0 release can convert up directly from 1.x. You should use 2.1+ again once converted).
2: Copy the old v1 sequence into the newly extracted Vixen 2.0 'Sequences/' folder
3: Run the Prepare.exe file located in the newly extracted Vixen 2.0 folder
4: Done! The file should be converted for Vixen 2.x, and can now be copied into your Vixen 2.1 sequence folder for use

If you have trouble converting it, you could post a link here if you want.

Hope that helps,
Mike.

Last edited:
oldcqr

Is your database busted>?

DB function failed with error number 145
Table './oldcqr_db216519479/jos_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired SQL=SELECT session_id FROM jos_session WHERE session_id = '9602a73dbe1340df4d6c7d244878e953'
SQL =
SELECT session_id FROM jos_session WHERE session_id = '9602a73dbe1340df4d6c7d244878e953'

Possibly. One of my other clients complained about a problem with their mail yesterday and it was a crashed table. Let me look.....

Edit: It sure was. Apparently my host had a problem with mySQL the other day and it went down mid-transaction. Looks like it hit them and me. Everything is fixed now. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:
Holy resurrected threads batman!! Last reply was over 7 years ago! You're better using the more modern sequences from the xlights google share.

"You're better using the more modern sequences from the xlights google share."

DrewDennis, are they available in Vixen format (.vix), or do you know of a conversion routine?

Most of Mike's sequences were made back when even the first Vixen sequencer was fairly new and a show with 64 channels was considered "large." Back then, sequencing was a channel-by-channel, cell-by-cell activity -- there was none of this wild and woolly grouping, sub-grouping and object-oriented stuff. Pixels (at least those available for commercial purchase) hadn't been invented yet, and Vixen3 wasn't even in the back of anyone's mind. Xlights at that time (if it existed) was a basic, neophyte player, not a sequencer of any sort.

So take these notes to heart when downloading Mike's sequences. A lot of them are very, very good, but if you're using one of the new sequencers, they may or may not even convert over without some tweaking. YMMV

"You're better using the more modern sequences from the xlights google share."

DrewDennis, are they available in Vixen format (.vix), or do you know of a conversion routine?

Vixen import the Fseq file and convert it, but I am not sure if it will with that old version of the file....but as dirknerkle said - if it works, you'll have a bunch of tweaking!

Vixen import the Fseq file and convert it, but I am not sure if it will with that old version of the file....but as dirknerkle said - if it works, you'll have a bunch of tweaking!

I ask because I don't see an import in the Vixen software, anywhere. There is an "export", but no import that I can see.

if I remember when I checked out all these sequences for vixen they were all vix files which is a vixen 2 sequence file and vixen 3 will import them you just have to map them to your stuff

Understood. I know that Vixen can import prior Vixen (version 2.x) files, and does a series of conversions to bring them up to the current level.
The implication of "You're better using the more modern sequences from the xlights google share" is that Vixen can import xLights routines. So far I have not found a way to do this.

Believe me, with our group using both Vixen and xLights, this function would be most welcome.

xlights had an export to .vix function, which would allow you to open in Vixen 2.1, don't remember all the details (if it created a profile or not...) but then of course you have to then import into Vixen 3.x and all those associated conversion steps

right vixen 3 does not import xlights files. you can export out the xlights file to a vixen 2 file (vix) and then import it into vixen 3 but this has not been a good thing lately with all the channels people use

Wouldn't it be easier to just use Xlights? It IS the best afterall... :devilred::devilred::devilred::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::lol::lol:

Wouldn't it be easier to just use Xlights? It IS the best afterall... :devilred::devilred::devilred::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::lol::lol:

Some xLights fanatics have reportedly lost their way trying to get back out of the Vixen forums. We'll pray for your safe (?) return to the "other side". :devilred:

this thread should not be going this way remember all programs work for what we want

Last edited:
Just joking around. Remember, some of us use BOTH xLights and Vixen - and love both of them. :cool2:

Back