New Product from Holiday Lighting: 4 Port Power Fan Out/Distribution Board

Hey Chris....having a problem finalizing an order for the distribution boards.
I can fill out all shipping info but when it comes to selecting shipping method there is nothing to select.
I know, I know....those darn canadians always screw things up! LOL
I have to order before NAFTA gets torn up! LOL

Hey Chris....having a problem finalizing an order for the distribution boards.
I can fill out all shipping info but when it comes to selecting shipping method there is nothing to select.
I know, I know....those darn canadians always screw things up! LOL
I have to order before NAFTA gets torn up! LOL
Ahh Canadian that's a problem because shipping is very expensive. Send me an email cward@holiday.lighting and let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here are some photos of my v2.0 boards (pardon the messy and beat-up work table). I ended up not using the solder in the kit on the lugs and used my thinner stuff, with my good Hakko iron cranked up as high as it will go. Had a bit of trouble on a few getting the lugs to stay in place while soldering, but I managed eventually. Love these little guys.
1b75d7fb1947b5c4133d34d6ea83d33a.jpg
5484440a1a12f6fefddfe77c8338e655.jpg
cd107c30c00885869585d5dbf66ac0e9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nicely done !
Soldering those lugs will get a bit easier on the next round of boards as I reduced the size of the exposed pad.
Here are some photos of my v2.0 boards (pardon the messy and beat-up work table). I ended up not using the solder in the kit on the lugs and used my thinner stuff, with my good Hakko iron cranked up as high as it will go. Had a bit of trouble on a few getting the lugs to stay in place while soldering, but I managed eventually. Love these little guys.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

@MrSmoofy thanks for posting the tables with your field measurements. I am using 5v pixels and developing a new power wiring strategy and this is important to know. We all know that 5v is more energy efficient but less tolerant of (power/ground) wire length.

I'm really very surprised to see the difference between the solid and stranded wire voltage drops. I have expected that with similar overall cross-section (similar wire gauge) the resistance per length would be very close. I'm wondering if there is something other than stranded vs solid at play here (or related to the stranded/solid difference but really a consequence rather than a cause).

I wonder if the big drop is due to the connector/wire interface rather than the wire (length) itself. Perhaps in terminating the stranded wire, some strands were cut (effectively necking down the wire to a lower gauge at the termination. Or not all strands were captured under the connection screw?

It would be very interesting (to me) if you could replicate the testing for the #12 stranded wire, but rather than varying the current, vary the wire length. That would then allow calculation of the resistance/length, and any constant resistance (such as at the connections). This could also be done for the solid wire. I would expect that the resistance/length is very similar between solid and stranded wire, but the constant is not.

I just noticed you added the accessories connections. Nice touch for a fan, controller, temp sensor.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I have several dozen of those meters and use them for every controller.

What are you using to clean flux off board? I used Flux Remover but it leaves the surface tacky. I've never seen texture on boards like this. It almost seems like some sort of rubber coating.

I hadn't notice that i've used flux cleaner and also alcohol with a stiff brush but very little I don't get it all over the board so maybe that's why I've not noticed.

if you are using a high quality solder, you don't need flux cleaner.
But, if you really want to clean them, the cheap easy way is with 91% Isopropyl (Rubbing) alcohol Get it at any drug or super store.

Had some spare led readouts so I thought I would put one on the board to see how it looked.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Think I'll get some of the connectors mentioned above to make these a little easier for connections on the accessory side.
Ignore the blue tack holding the led,I was just playing around with locations.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris.
I got to get a few more bare boards,but I see they won't ship until 12/22.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! Those little meters are great for only a buck!
Had some spare led readouts so I thought I would put one on the board to see how it looked.

Think I'll get some of the connectors mentioned above to make these a little easier for connections on the accessory side.
Ignore the blue tack holding the led,I was just playing around with locations.

Back