New vixen version

intwoit2002

I can only assume that KC is very busy. I was just wondering if there was any news on the progress on the new version. Waiting very anxiously.

Thanks for any input.

Counting down.

The staff at DIGWDF has heard a rumour that the newest version has a built-in coffee maker plugin as well as the ability to remotely and somewhat automatically detect vandalism in the display. It's said that the "MR" module (MR=Mind Reading module) currently can automatically sense what you want to do with your lights and creates sequences on-the-fly directly off an FM-radio feed while simultaneously ordering your favorite pizza from your local pizza shack. However, there it's reported that there are some bugs in it insofar as it actually eats 40-60% of the pizza on its own, leaving an occasional dollop of pizza sauce on the keyboard... Beta versions of the software are available for downloading, but the software currently only operates on either an Atari game console or a TRS-80. More information will be available as details are released...

The first rule of discussing the release of new versions of Vixen is that we don't discuss the release of new versions of Vixen. If and when it ever arrives we will be humbled and greatfull. We will give much thanks and praise. And the cycle will begin anew.

The staff at DIGWDF has heard a rumour that the newest version has a built-in coffee maker plugin as well as the ability to remotely and somewhat automatically detect vandalism in the display. It's said that the "MR" module (MR=Mind Reading module) currently can automatically sense what you want to do with your lights and creates sequences on-the-fly directly off an FM-radio feed while simultaneously ordering your favorite pizza from your local pizza shack. However, there it's reported that there are some bugs in it insofar as it actually eats 40-60% of the pizza on its own, leaving an occasional dollop of pizza sauce on the keyboard... Beta versions of the software are available for downloading, but the software currently only operates on either an Atari game console or a TRS-80. More information will be available as details are released...

LOL wow. great one.

As for news on the next version of Vixen: It will come out when KC is ready for it to come out. As for now, keep using 2.1 or 2.5 (personally i like 2.1) and be grateful for all of the work he has done for us already.

Hey, I still have a TRS-80 with cassette tape drive, and it still works. Can't do much, but it is a great show piece for students learning about computers. Of course the 12" 800K hard disk and 8K core memory module also really show them how fast things change.
I don't know why I keep the stuff around. I guess I just can't bring myself to toss it.
Anyway, My TRS-80 is ready to test any new beta vixen software. Just make sure it is less than 20K in size.

:)

so, all I have to do is get a room ready for you, and an account on pizzahut.com, and you'll do everything for me? Who pays for the plane ticket?

At the risk of being flamed for sounding ungrateful (which ALWAYS happens when Vixen updates are discussed...) - I think it only fair that we know if the new version will be released this year. Many of us are moving up in channel counts and mixing in lots of RGB devices into the setups and it would be good to know if we can look forward to some new features in Vixen this year. If this is not the case then we can either live with it as-is or move on to LSP if that meets your needs. Several folks have already started their sequencing and many more will be soon and we can't wait forever for the next release.

Please spare me all the "why you ungrateful U#()@" - that is simply not the case - it's just a matter of providing a simple update on a product at the heart of everyone's display...

Okay...here is a tidbit as an appetizer. I just sat down with KC at Starbucks. He is actually driving back home right now to continue working on the user interface. It is his full intention to have Vixen 3.0 ready for this year. DO NOT STOP SEQUENCING!!! He will write a conversion routine for older versions as he always does. DO NOT DELAY SEQUENCING while waiting!!! Keep at it or you will never get done.

Just my 2 cents

Please spare me all the "why you ungrateful U#()@" ...

No.

May your Amps = (Triac Nova Threshold) + 1
May your RGB lose the G
May your hard drive drop the sector where you just saved the last sequence update.
May your neighbors file a restraining order against your display
May spiders, slugs, and field mice nest in your controllers
And...
May your GFCI be all about the "I".

:razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz:

Ok, I'll get my TRS-80 ready but do you know if he'll be supporting a portable version that'll run on my old TI-85 graphing calculator?

-joni-

Okay...here is a tidbit as an appetizer. I just sat down with KC at Starbucks. He is actually driving back home right now to continue working on the user interface. It is his full intention to have Vixen 3.0 ready for this year. DO NOT STOP SEQUENCING!!! He will write a conversion routine for older versions as he always does. DO NOT DELAY SEQUENCING while waiting!!! Keep at it or you will never get done.

Just my 2 cents

I want to apologize for starting something, this was for informational use only. I currently use 2.1.4 and am not moving. I was just curious and will always be a strong supporter of KC's work and unwavering support for all who use his kind work.

Just need a little input on how to handle all the RGB channels this year, it seems daunting.

Again please accept my apology.

No apology necessary, just wondering where things were going, sorry if I was a bit rough around the edges earlier. The thing is with freeware, you never know what's going to happen, cause, it's not the person's main priority in life, they need to keep the roof over their heads.

Intwoit, how many RGB channels are we talking here?

I know. Maybe if we had an outlet for our angst, like a Joke of the Day thread or something, this wouldn't happen?

Back