Nutcracker: What effects would you like to see?

Can we get 8 color choices then we can have the 3 primary, 3 secondary and white and black as the default. I find six is two few and it becomes a pain to change them.

Can we get 8 color choices then we can have the 3 primary, 3 secondary and white and black as the default. I find six is two few and it becomes a pain to change them.

I would like this aswell, I would do 8-10. More colors let's you do more gradients in chases etc. also the Windows color picker is......... not "pretty" a circular palette picker would be great, like the one Mac's have ;)

If possible it would be great to layer effects. An example would be scrolling text on top of the fire effect. That would be amazing on a grid. or text over a picture.

If possible it would be great to layer effects. An example would be scrolling text on top of the fire effect. That would be amazing on a grid. or text over a picture.

This already exists. In The sequencer tab ,right click on a model select add layer. You can have hundreds of layers , each layer can have a different effect. between any two layers you can choose how the two effects will merge together. you will find layering choices on the left-hand side of the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to see a simulated helix effect for a 180 degree tree. Not a spiral- a helix effect that would look like it is on a 360 degree tree but on a 180 tree.

I would like to see a simulated helix effect for a 180 degree tree. Not a spiral- a helix effect that would look like it is on a 360 degree tree but on a 180 tree.

Isn't a helix just a pair of spirals with one on each side and crossing? Be surprised if that could not be done already.

What do u imagine a helix will look like on a 180 tree? I can only imagine , to look good, we would calculate the function in 3d space and then project onto a 2d tree. here is a picture of a helix, is this what you had in mind?

Attachments

• helix.png
    helix.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 34
I thought a helix looks.like dna, with a second side always and then you have to decide if that spins around as it goes up or down.

No teasing Dan, please post the settings screen shots so they can figure it out and play with it.

Layer one is just a normal Spiral effect. I used a single spiral, 1.0 spiral wraps, 18 thickness.

I cheated a bit for layer two and used a feature not yet available in a release. :) I copied the exact spiral settings form layer 1 to layer 2, adjusted the color to darken it, then use the new transformation setting to flip the buffer horizontally.

We do have some users that compile the code and are already trying it out.

Regarding Garlands I don't know what it used to do or how it was changed.

I cheated a bit for layer two and used a feature not yet available in a release. :) I...then use the new transformation setting to flip the buffer horizontally.

LOL. Another demonstration of the new buffer types that wasn't even covered in the video. Love it!

Back