P10 Matrix

Yup... already dremeled a couple misaligned rivets but hopefully plexi will be next addition once I get the panels displaying correctly :/ my 5x5 matrix with cabling and power supplies weigh under 30 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was waiting to get home to attach some pictures of the layout I had, but basically my symptoms are running a rpi3 with hat and the first 2 outputs run the first 20 panels (4 rows of 5) perfect... 5th row hooked up to output 3 is dark

However switching the matrix layout to a 5x6 (adding another row) without actually having the 5 other panels gets the matrix to test all 25 panels correctly.

Try setting all your outputs equal like 8 8 8 I bet it will work. Every time I help someone set these up every output must be equal

Also post some screenshots back of matrix's and fpp layout

Yup and thank you for the suggestion. I will make sure to attach to this post some layout images. I had it working with a smaller P10 display 3x2 so guessing it's a setting I am just overlooking

Gotcha... so curious with xlights layout it will be correct as a 5x5 and I won't have any issue with effects displaying incorrectly?

Yup... already dremeled a couple misaligned rivets but hopefully plexi will be next addition once I get the panels displaying correctly :/ my 5x5 matrix with cabling and power supplies weigh under 30 lbs

30 pounds huh. I just weighted mine. 53 pounds. That's a lot of weight to put up 9-10 feet and mine is 4x4. Guess I will be ordering the aluminum frame. Just need to figure out what kind of back to use.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I saw the guys who did vinyl, may have to find an option and then run a nice black duct tape seal around the edges

Nope. Should work fine since fpp will be sending data to all the correct bulbs. It can send data to the panels that aren't there all day long. Because they aren't there it doesn't matter.

Makes total sense :) I must have read every P10 panel post today at work planning my attack. Even did a search for installing even number P10 panels as this seemed like the only logical explanation of why it wasn't playing nice.

Work blocks FB :) but came across some nice write ups last night that really helped. But nothing would have prepared me for changing the layout to a 5x6 if I was only running a 5x5

Guessing a 6x6 is on tap for next year :) who am I kidding... may need to make it happen this year. Although just ordered that custom frame.

04d52375a6eaac2c18295905ea7c897c.jpg
9f1dc05233145969778c389f6cb5ea7e.jpg
f61e3839a6c6d75e10ae9b7dcf52ec65.jpg
think having a bad panel made tracking down the problem worse... verified it's a bad panel by swapping with another...oh well... but take a look at my layout to verify everything is correct

Try the bad panel again. That's what happened to me. Turned out to be a loose connection. Btw. Don't put the bad panel in the same place. Switch it out with another panel that's already working. I thought I had 2 bad panels and it ended up they were good.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Noted, yeah I swapped with a good panel and it was bad in the other spot... I have 8 more panels on order from Crockett but won't see those for a while. May hit up Ray for some more and ask him to throw in an extra one to replace the bad one.

Back