Spiral mini-trees, strips or nodes

Great sequence!! How many pixels on large tree and how many pixels on small tree??

Thanks.

I saw his at 2 pixel per section so I counted on small tree with star looks like around 37 sections plus star. 74 pixels plus whatever fit into star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great sequence!! How many pixels on large tree and how many pixels on small tree??

Thanks.

55 sections best I could count for large tree so about 110 pixels plus star

I think both the small and large have roughly the same number of pixels (not really noticeable). Large: 1 pixel/section. Small: 2 pixel/section

Roughly 100+/tree (not including globe on top).

I think both the small and large have roughly the same number of pixels (not really noticeable). Large: 1 pixel/section. Small: 2 pixel/section

Roughly 100+/tree (not including globe on top).

Ones I got are a bit diff than yours I don’t have flat plastic for sides mine is round plastic sides but pixels still fit same . Did you glue yours in or anything ?

49a3fc99d77a158fedf3a4241d61d655.jpg

May have to try lay mine flat ... the rounded plastic sides don’t look so good

That looks pretty similar to my set-up. 4 years now, and it still holds together pretty well.

Ok took heat gun warmed up the plastic and used the clips from the lights I removed to pull tight together way better now . Thanks for the help
e61f6d9ca0afa28e9822bde659256ef8.jpg

I bought 12 spiral mini-trees (see picture or this link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Holiday-...-Tree-Sculptures-Clear-Lights-2-Pack/12080735 ) to replace my mini-trees that use incandescent minis. I’ll replace the bulbs on these with pixels. They’re 3 and 4 ft tall; so viewers will still be able to see over and through them, as they sit in front of the other props.

My initial thought is they’d look best with pixel strips; however people seem to have more problems with strips than pixel nodes. I don’t understand why; maybe because I haven’t used any strips? The leds are encased in heavy plastic sleeve or tube, only the two ends are open. Unless they aren’t sealing the ends, what else could cause problems? Condensation?

One advantage with strips is that the pixels would align on each mini-tree. If I use nodes, it would be difficult to make the spacing the same.

I know others have used this type of spiral tree with pixels. What did you use and are you happy with your choice. Any video, I’d appreciate seeing it.

So strips or nodes? If nodes, flat back or bullet style?

Oh, has anyone opened up these stars and put pixels in them? Can they be opened or are they glued together? I haven’t tried yet, so I’m a bit premature in asking. Hoped someone could save me the time, breaking one probably, and have a hint on how to open them up.

Tks!!!!
Joe
What sequencer are you using, xlights? Trees don't look like something Vixen can do.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I know this is an old post but just Incase yes the stars pop open start at very point with small flat head . I then broke the tabs on the inside off carefully and hot glued 5 x ws2811 inside . There are 2 notches at bottom of star already for wires
e6b4abdff107bcf9efb1b1c71453cb6b.jpg

Which sequencer are you using? And how do you model them? I have purchased the remaining 4 sets from my local Wallyworld.

I use vixen , but any should work once you remove the lights and replace with pixels .

Which sequencer are you using? And how do you model them? I have purchased the remaining 4 sets from my local Wallyworld.

89e918e1b44a98130977ae177b483acd.jpg

I removed existing lights along with star as it’s all one string then installed pixels as shown is how I’m doing all the ones I just purchased aswell .

Also trying to figure out the modeling in custom prop editor not much luck so far.

Single-stranded tree (use the built-in model), then adjust the turns/rotations/etc so that it spirals (I don’t remember the exact adjustment—you just have to adjust to get it to match your physical tree).

Back