Spiral mini-trees, strips or nodes

I believe Bwinter is talking about Xlights. In Vixen, one way you can make a spiral tree is by using the Multi-String and zigzagging up. If you make a triangle first you can make a better shaped tree or import a picture of your tree. I'm not sure about using the custom prop editor.
2019-12-27.jpg

I believe Bwinter is talking about Xlights. In Vixen, one way you can make a spiral tree is by using the Multi-String and zigzagging up. If you make a triangle first you can make a better shaped tree or import a picture of your tree. I'm not sure about using the custom prop editor.
View attachment 42471

Yea I did update and still didn’t see any tree settings except for mega tree ... thanks to all for the help . Very appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used bullet nodes on my Home Depot Spiral trees as well. One thing I did differently from above is Iaid the bullets along the plastic spiral and zip tied them down end to end. I started out putting them perpendicular to the spiral but I didn’t like the loops of wire hanging down (I know it can’t be seen at night...). I was skeptical about visibility since you are really just seeing the side of the pixel but it ended up looking great in my opinion.

The small trees have 103 pixels and the large trees have 224. I painted the base and pole flat black to help it disappear at night. I also ran a power and data wire from the last pixel on the top back down to the bottom so all of my data and power injection connections are all in one spot. Here are a few pictures.
a3feabeb8113a4332492c0750937a426.jpg
13d9e7428e5206b2b5f5d90e93ee5d34.jpg
e768474cf90c72b86aab1f6d06e0f53e.jpg
52a6a65a35a77aff04afdbed9c5f4477.jpg

I used bullet nodes on my Home Depot Spiral trees as well. One thing I did differently from above is Iaid the bullets along the plastic spiral and zip tied them down end to end. I started out putting them perpendicular to the spiral but I didn’t like the loops of wire hanging down (I know it can’t be seen at night...). I was skeptical about visibility since you are really just seeing the side of the pixel but it ended up looking great in my opinion.

The small trees have 103 pixels and the large trees have 224. I painted the base and pole flat black to help it disappear at night. I also ran a power and data wire from the last pixel on the top back down to the bottom so all of my data and power injection connections are all in one spot. Here are a few pictures.
a3feabeb8113a4332492c0750937a426.jpg
13d9e7428e5206b2b5f5d90e93ee5d34.jpg
e768474cf90c72b86aab1f6d06e0f53e.jpg
52a6a65a35a77aff04afdbed9c5f4477.jpg

Thanks ...as I didn’t know how it would look laid on side like that ,not a big difference as far as I can tell . You set up looks great to by the way .

Ok I’m a tinkerer and while I purchased 6 spiral trees to convert to RGB trees i had an idea and thought I might be able to make some or one larger one from pvc .has anyone tried to do this ? have any luck ?
I started on one and was going ok till power went out so now I’m waiting but in meantime was curious if this has been done or tried . This is where I’m at on a 6’ version trial . Waste of time ? Maybe so ...but thinking it could be neat to have a bigger one that’s more beefy .
c5faa0799c89910fbc1946696d7540af.jpg

Ok I’m a tinkerer and while I purchased 6 spiral trees to convert to RGB trees i had an idea and thought I might be able to make some or one larger one from pvc .has anyone tried to do this ? have any luck ?
I started on one and was going ok till power went out so now I’m waiting but in meantime was curious if this has been done or tried . This is where I’m at on a 6’ version trial . Waste of time ? Maybe so ...but thinking it could be neat to have a bigger one that’s more beefy .
c5faa0799c89910fbc1946696d7540af.jpg

Not a bad idea. One could use neon rope light like I did for my poodles.
https://vimeo.com/339796658

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I personally think it to dense it will shine thru but I don’t like the look

I have been trying to find a way to make more also. Locally there were none of these left and not sold online.

I also asked boscoyostudios is they could make them from coro. They said they tried and it didn't work out too well. I asked for more details, but they didn't respond.

I would like to be able to collapse them for storage. I tried heavy gauge wire/thin rod from tractor supply, but it needs reshaping each time. The heavy gauge wire would work good on the tomato cage idea, but not sure how easy to store.

I have been trying to find a way to make more also. Locally there were none of these left and not sold online.

I also asked boscoyostudios is they could make them from coro. They said they tried and it didn't work out too well. I asked for more details, but they didn't respond.

I would like to be able to collapse them for storage. I tried heavy gauge wire/thin rod from tractor supply, but it needs reshaping each time. The heavy gauge wire would work good on the tomato cage idea, but not sure how easy to store.

Here’s another way to make that I will be using
12b20fd4f1eada4a4273a01b0dab8c16.jpg

I've seen wilmar's idea in a couple of threads, and have come to think that it is a great way of accomplishing the spiral. Another method would be something like Matt Johnson does with his various props - laying two small gauge wires side by side (with appropriate connections between the two) and placing the pixels between them.

I've seen wilmar's idea in a couple of threads, and have come to think that it is a great way of accomplishing the spiral. Another method would be something like Matt Johnson does with his various props - laying two small gauge wires side by side (with appropriate connections between the two) and placing the pixels between them.

The trees that some got from Home Depot are ideal from the looks of pics on here but ones from Walmart (like I purchased ) not so much as they are similar but really different . And those strings that run along sides are a pain in the neck which is why I tried another route .

Walmart spiral has round plastic causes a twisting in the lights towards the inside
739390adc52b212f1250babecc748f7f.jpg

Home Depot ones have flat sides and what looks like a pocket or grove in between
09a18674e11cf3a92ed6d5499ab1eaf5.jpg

So if you can get ones with flat sides that’s what I’d recommend .

Do you know where I could see a pic of Matt’s the way he does his ?

I've searched, but came up empty. Or more appropriately, came up with far more than I could search through. Matt's site is "livinglightshows.com". Look for his tutorial for building a wreath. The same technique can be used to create a expanding spiral (inside is smallest, gradually getting wider as you go.)

I've searched, but came up empty. Or more appropriately, came up with far more than I could search through. Matt's site is "livinglightshows.com". Look for his tutorial for building a wreath. The same technique can be used to create a expanding spiral (inside is smallest, gradually getting wider as you go.)

Yea that’s what I thought , I have seen the one for the wreath thanks

First partial test print to see if it works and can be printed from home seems to be a success
f66be6b538977614ecb9caa6a5849795.jpg
3b7f6c6e38a512db0e21b24e92024b2f.jpg
7d0392686e3b76f4e851acb93564cd0e.jpg

Back