Super String Shortner and Full Wave Converter 2015 Group Buy

Are you making sure to align the stripe on the diode with the silkscreen? That is the only thing I can think of as they were pretty simple to build and mine worked first time out.

I'm not sure on which end should get the plug as I just put mine together and it worked. I didn't even think to look if there was an in / out side on the board. Maybe I just got lucky with mine.

You can try building pigtails like in my prior post so you don't have to cut your strings except to reverse polarity. Then you can plung in multiple light strings to the single pigtail.

Hope that helps. Maybe someone else can jump in on whether there is an input output side.

Mark

This is an easier way to do it. The FWC has two connection holes that are marked with "~", these are the ones for the AC end of the board and are theoretically interchangeable. On the other end you have "+" and "-", the "+" needs to go to the anode side of the LED. Usually, this is the side that the wire goes into from the plug, and the other wire goes to the far end of the section. That wire connects to the cathode and should be plugged into the "-" hole in the FWC.

Anyone else have any problem with USPS delivery?
Mine is showing in Montreal as of the 20th??? Weird, things never take this long, and usually get it a day or 2 from Ontario Eastward.
Doesn't seem to have been handed off to Canada post either.

Anyone else have any problem with USPS delivery?
Mine is showing in Montreal as of the 20th??? Weird, things never take this long, and usually get it a day or 2 from Ontario Eastward.
Doesn't seem to have been handed off to Canada post either.
I hate dealing with USPS. I shipped these from one of the other offices, because our local P.O. likes to loose packages then claim they were delivered.

Sent 3 shipments to the great north. 1 shows cleared customs, 1 shows delivered and 1 shows that it disappeared on the 20th. What's really weird is yours shows departed Montreal but nothing about customs and nothing since then. Let me know if you don't get it in a couple of days.

Looks like it just showed up in Halifax, just found it weird to have disappeared in Montreal with no updates for 10 days.
I was starting to think maybe Kari sprinkled the boards with reindeer dust and it threw the customs dogs into a frenzy...
:biggrin::freak:

Mine arrived today. I've had other packages that have been missing for a while, I always assumed it was customs holding it for inspection or something?

Looks like it just showed up in Halifax, just found it weird to have disappeared in Montreal with no updates for 10 days.
I was starting to think maybe Kari sprinkled the boards with reindeer dust and it threw the customs dogs into a frenzy...
:biggrin::freak:
shhh! No one is supposed to know... ;)
Arrived this morning!
Now just have to get Halloween display up and then start building for Christmas!.
:)
Glad it arrived. Definitely weird to disappear for 10 days. Maybe it was invisibility powder instead of reindeer dust.

Kmalsom,

Thanks for the documentation. Guess third time was the charm. Got the FWC working. Wow! There is a difference on the cheap LED strings. Now to shorten some of the strings with the SSS board.

Back