The Renard SS 24 is now available! (first post is current 9-17-2018)

Re: The Renard SS 24 is now available! (first post is current 10-14-2011)

budude thank you for advice, but where will I buy Ren64XC with separate ACSSRs?

You can get them both from Chris's (g2ktcf) off-site store here: http://www.wlcventures.com/ - you may want to PM him for current stock. You need to register to see pricing. I forgot he is also selling Frank's Ren24HC - this is another option for you as it supports your AC systems there as well. All of these use the same common PIC uController and the same code so they are very plug-n-play for arranging your setup.

Last edited:
Re: The Renard SS 24 is now available! (first post is current 12-14-2011)

Sorry guys Im new to this Christmas light Automation thing but I have seen some good houses around my area here in SlC Utah because my job has me go out and film house for a contest we do for our radio station and for the TV station I work at.
What I need help with is if I buy the controllers from you Wayne does it come with everything I need to get my house looking awesome for next Christmas, Christmas 2012?
Thanks for your time and help.
Sincerely,
Barry S.

Sorry guys Im new to this Christmas light Automation thing but I have seen some good houses around my area here in SlC Utah because my job has me go out and film house for a contest we do for our radio station and for the TV station I work at.
What I need help with is if I buy the controllers from you Wayne does it come with everything I need to get my house looking awesome for next Christmas, Christmas 2012?
Thanks for your time and help.
Sincerely,
Barry S.

Welcome Barry.

First, what we do here is build our own Controllers. In this case (Ren SS 24), Wayne has designed the board and you can purchase them from him. The Parts to build the controller can be purchased from many electronics suppliers or through Group Buys that some of the members run. Those Group Buys will be starting in January. If you don't want to wait for them, you can purchase the boards from Wayne (Read first post) and then get your parts (BOM) from vendors such as Mouser or DigiKey.

Second, we can certainly help you get to the level you seek for 2012, but you have to do your part. We always recommend that you start with the Wiki. http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=DIYC_Beginners_Info

If you have questions create a thread in the appropriate forum or jump into Chat. Most members are willing to answer any questions.

I'll be keen to get myself started next year. I've been watching for too long now. Time to get my hands dirty.
Where is the best place to watch for the group buys suitable for us Australians in January?

2 Boards arrived. 4 days from payment to mailbox including the weekend. Great turnaround Wayne. Thx.

I'm about to order the parts for my first ss24 and I was wondering if anyone has ever used a 2 piece plug-gable terminal block for the outputs instead of the 1 piece ones.

I think it would make it easier for troubleshooting etc if I could just unplug all the outputs to remove the board.

If anybody has done this do you have part numbers for them?

I'm about to order the parts for my first ss24 and I was wondering if anyone has ever used a 2 piece plug-gable terminal block for the outputs instead of the 1 piece ones.

I think it would make it easier for troubleshooting etc if I could just unplug all the outputs to remove the board.

yes, it has been done.
Here is the link straight to the video, but a read of the whole thread may be of use.
http://doityourselfchristmas.com/fo...oadbandstore-com-enclosures&p=88868#post88868

As I recall, it adds like $15 to the cost of the BOM.

Re: The Renard SS 24 is now available!

Just sent the payment through paypal. Since this is my first build, I was wondering where would I find a box to mount this in? I've priced the BOM at mouser.com and I think I have everything else covered. Thanks!

Re: The Renard SS 24 is now available!

Just sent the payment through paypal. Since this is my first build, I was wondering where would I find a box to mount this in? I've priced the BOM at mouser.com and I think I have everything else covered. Thanks!

Try Chris at WLCventures.com, he has all kinds of neat stuff there including boxes for most of the controller styles.

I would like to get 2 Renard SS24 Boards? How do i pay through Paypal needs an email address for me to send payment too...please advise thankyou Rick

I would like to get 2 Renard SS24 Boards? How do i pay through Paypal needs an email address for me to send payment too...please advise thankyou Rick

As the Title says, "First Post Current" so... Read the First Post. All information is there

Kelly, do you have that response set up as a canned script you fire off when this question gets asked OVER, and OVER, and OVER again?? :-D

Kelly, do you have that response set up as a canned script you fire off when this question gets asked OVER, and OVER, and OVER again?? :-D

I think he must have a 'bot set up to do it... Either that or he spends WAY TOO MUCH time on here, as the lag time between the question and answer is usually in milliseconds. :wacko:

:)

I think he must have a 'bot set up to do it... Either that or he spends WAY TOO MUCH time on here, as the lag time between the question and answer is usually in milliseconds. :wacko:
:)

Really ROFL. Thanks, I needed that guys.

I just happen to seem to catch them. OK, maybe I'm watch that thread a little closer. Believe it or not, it's not copy and paste. I just feel really strongly that these guys should at least be reading the title of the f'ing post. Maybe "First Post Current - Date" is not as obviouis to others as I think it should be :)

Kelly, you are doing a great job- keep up the good fight. I am a big advocate of "RTFM"...

Thanks Kelly. Do keep it up. It helps me with PMs and emails with almost the exact same answer. LOL

Back