Triks-C and the Falcon Player

No, don't know how to.

Stop the FPP app and run the script (python ./<SCRIPT>.py) with your Triks set up. It's not spectacular, it just prints some lines on the display to verify the addressing and then bales out. If it fails straight off about missing such and such library then look at the first few lines of the script and it will tell you to pull down the particular library. Once you do that, run the script again and it should work. You can play with the data block in the script to create your own pattern if you wish. I created one with all 0's and another with all 1's and alternated them by copying the script function a few times. The command byte contains the panel number in it as well.

I will try this later. I realy need to get the pi into a case as it spent the weekend sitting a plastic container exposed to the damn mirrors ant thier excessive bird shyte

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

So I tried Brian's script and it was doing something, but not what he desrcibed. I burned a new 2313 for the Triks-C, and all is good.
I have an issue with the top 5 rows, and I suspect the Allegro chips. Replace those later, but for the most part I have it working. Thanks to all for this. I really am excited about this year's display.

One thing I do notice..my channel count goes from 768 to 2304 after a sequence. Is this correct?

Last edited:
Another questions if I may.
How do we schedule both media sequences and a triks panel sequence? OR do we need to merge the two sequences into a one in Nutcracker / Xlights.

I know this is an older thread, but I'm just getting started with FPP and my LEDtriks and ran into a problem.

I run a 2x1 (so 32 rows, 48 cols) my current (and active show) is running on Vixen 2.1 using the launcher (LTC_01) and works fine. Panel 1's triks-c is set for ID 1, and the second panel is set for an ID 3 (Per the old way/docs)

Today I got my Pi, and got FPP installed. I've been able to convert my shows over to vixen 3, and export- that's all working fine; so I moved on to the LEDtriks. I created a pixel array, mapped the outputs to a dummy output in vixen, setup a simple scrolling bar, and a 2 line text, one for the top, and one for the bottom.

So far, I've been able to get panel 1 to work; but nothing shows on the second panel. Do I need to change the ID on the second panel to 2, or is the plugin automagically skipping that ID when configured to 2x1?

Thanks!

Id needs to be 2. FPP doesn't skip them.

They are numbered either:

- 1-4 left to right when single row
- 1-4 top to bottom when using a single column
- 1-2 on top and 3-4 on bottom when using a 2x2 layout

Awesome, thanks a bunch! when I pull it down to add the DC buck converter (Going from AC to 36vdc POE) i'll switch it.

Thanks!

Back