Will Vixen work with Wled

AJVenti

I have a WT32 ETH01 with Wled firmware. I am trying to get it to work with Vixen. I would like to use it as a e1.31 controller. I am so confused now that I don't know what I have done and not done. I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction. This is my first time of building a controller. I was hoping to put espixelstick firmware on it, but I can't get it to load. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

WLED should recognize e1.31 data when you send to it. Yes, Vixen can send to it.

Where would you prefer to start your troubleshooting? WLED or espixelstick install?
Can you connect to the Wled firmware on the wired ethernet?

I have a WT32 ETH01 with Wled firmware. I am trying to get it to work with Vixen. I would like to use it as a e1.31 controller. I am so confused now that I don't know what I have done and not done. I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction. This is my first time of building a controller. I was hoping to put espixelstick firmware on it, but I can't get it to load. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
What is the issue? Can you post the log from the flashtool. Using the WT32 board is not as straightforward as using a node MCU based board. It will require you to manually reboot the WT32 multiple times with GPIO0 (zero) pulled low and then one last time with GPIO0 floating.

The other issue we see is a permissions issue when trying to run Flashtool on a MAC. Forkineye has a set of workarounds for that.

I got wled to load after trying all-day yesterday. What I can't do is get it to work with vixen. I was thinking that I would flash espixelstick firmware on to it but can't get it to work. I have a couple espixelsticks that I have used so I am familiar with it. Should I try to put the espixelstick firmware on it or will the wled firmware work just as well.

WLEd needs to be set up as E1.31. Create an E1.31 controller in vixen. Patch needed output channels to the controller. Create a test sequence and play it.

I tried to. I up the E1.31 as Mulitcast and Unicast with 10.0.0.103, not sure what universe to use I just picked 54. I am thinking there is something I need to do in wled.

You will need to tell wled what the starting universe is. I would start with unicast and universe 0. You can get fancy once it is working.

Thanks for the help. I was playing around trying to get it to work and I got that infamous smoke that tells you that you are paying attention.

Got a new Wt32 ETH01 board. Let's hope I don' blow this one. I got it to work on wifi but can't get it to work with ethernet connection.

Back