FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

I have intentionally not posted the EEPROM for the V2 to prevent someone from selling them in mass without me knowing. If you DM me your email I can send it to you.

Thanks,
Scott

Makes sense. I sent ya a PM. No rush though. It’ll be a while before everything comes in.

I'm looking at setting up a BBB16 in FPP Channel Outputs page. I noticed the page for the BBB16 doesn't have the Serial Mode drop down and start channel area like the PB16 page. Is it necessary? DMX ok to run on BBB16 without this info?
20220508_180346.jpg

Last edited:
20220530_184416.jpg

UTDATE! Sold 2 E682 converters, 3 left.
Change price on BBB16's.

I have some things to get rid of. I have sold by E682 boards so I don't need the converter PB boards. Only 1 is fully populated but if any one wants them I could finish them out or I'll just trash them. PM if interested, make a offer.
I built all 5 BBB16 boards. I'm keeping 3 and would sell the other 2, preferably without the BBB. I source most of BOM from AliExpress. I have powered them up and tested and all is good. $25.00 each plus shipping.

Last edited:
PB16V2.jpg

I've got an extra unpopulated PB16v2 and a built differential expansion board if anyone wants them.

I did have to order the PB16v2 without the EEPROM and the UA9638CDR chips. I bought those separately and put them on. Also added the headers for the PB and OLED LCD and have tested those out and flashed the EEPROM.

I can throw in all the parts to finish the build if you're interested.

PB16v2 as is - $25

Differential expansion - $15

All the parts to populate the PB16v2 (except for the 2p aux connector...I didnt order those) - $20

I'd send in a flat rate USPS box which is $9.95 I think.

Scott....if you're interested I'll send them to you for free since you did all the hard work.

I Have Various Different boards I could let go if anyone needs a few and don't want to order the 5 minimum. I can get a itemized list soon.
Just cover shipping and they are yours.

Hi.. would be interested in one of you bbb16 boards.. I already have, the BBB. If available would you post to a
UK…. Message me if any left. Thanks Derek

This is a List of Bare Boards that I have.
.50 cents for bare boards plus shipping. PB16 Boards $1.00 plus Shipping. Most everything should fit in a small envelope with some support.
(blue)
1) PB16 V1of - 2 SOLD
2) PB16 V1oc - 1 SOLD
3) PB16 Mini V2 -3 SOLD
4) PB16 Expansion V1 - 3 SOLD
5) PB16 Multi Out Expansion V2 - 3 SOLD
6) PB16 Diff. Expansion V1 - 1 SOLD
7) PB16 Four Out V2 - 3 SOLD
8) PB16 Receiver Out V1 - 4 SOLD

(Purple)
1) PB16 Mini V2 - 3 SOLD
2) PB16Expansion V3 - 3 SOLD
3) PB16 Diff. Expansion V3 - 3 SOLD

PM me if you're interested in anything.
All Gone. Thanks Everybody.

Last edited:
I’ve been investigating building some of the BBB16 boards as I love the idea of some DIY. However jlcpcb doesn’t seem to like the gerbers.zip file. It throws out a lot of errors including a failure to detect the outline of the board. I’m sure it’s something very simple that I’m doing wrong but it’s not obvious to me. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
I’ve been investigating building some of the BBB16 boards as I love the idea of some DIY. However jlcpcb doesn’t seem to like the gerbers.zip file. It throws out a lot of errors including a failure to detect the outline of the board. I’m sure it’s something very simple that I’m doing wrong but it’s not obvious to me. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Edit: typo

Are you trying to order the SMD boards or the Through Hole one? I just uploaded the TH one with no problems. I have not tried the SMD.

Are you trying to order the SMD boards or the Through Hole one? I just uploaded the TH one with no problems. I have not tried the SMD.

I was trying the TH rather than SMD as I’d like to solder them up myself for the sense of achievement. Gerbers.zip from here: https://github.com/computergeek1507/PB_16/tree/master/BBB_16/gerbers

Steps I'm taking are pretty straightforward. Download gerbers.zip from there, upload on the order page on jlcpcb, and it appears to accept it but doesn't detect the layers correctly. If I go to the Gerber Viewer for the file, it shows a list of errors and/or warnings down the right hand side, starting with:

Unable to identify the layers due to the non-standard filename
Can not identify the board outline
BBB_16-B_Adhesive.gbr(null): Non-gerber274X/excellon formats
BBB_16-B_Courtyard.gbr(null): Non-gerber274X/excellon formats
BBB_16-B_Cu.gbr(null):Unrecognized Gerber file
BBB_16-B_Fab.gbr(null): Non-gerber274X/excellon formats
BBB_16-B_Mask.gbr(null):Unrecognized Gerber file
BBB_16-B_Paste.gbr(null): Non-gerber274X/excellon formats
etc.

If I upload the same gerbers.zip file to Tracespace it renders perfectly. I feel like there's some sort of file naming convention for the zip file that jlcpcb requires, but I can't see anything in their help files that indicate where I'm going wrong.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not sure about that, it may have to do with the update to Kicad 6 Scott just did last month on the gethub page.
When I upload the gerber zip file I have from April, I get a Image of the board at the top of the page like I always have. If I click on gerber viewer then it gives me some warnings on the left side of page like you have listed.
If I upload the current gerber file from the gethub page it does not give me a image at the top of the page and I have to click on gerber viewer to see image and a whole lot of errors and it even says 1 sided board which is clearly wrong. Hopefully Scott will chime in soon had help you with the problem.
I too like to build my own boards. I think I missed my calling, I should have been soldering for a living, LOL. Welcome to the project, I thing it is Great!

Yep what you describe is exactly what I am getting too. Some of the other gerber files seem to upload to jlcpcb OK, but I can't get any of the main boards to work. I shall have to keep digging I think.

Using the previous gerbers.zip from Github works, so definitely linked to the latest commit which is flagged as upgrade to Kicad 6.

Last edited:
Back