new P10 Matrix Makers by Boscoyo Studio

james70818

Master Rigger
So you see all the P10 Matrix and you want some!. You order a few from Ray Wu, get them in and now what! How do you build a backer board to mount them to? Lay it all out, drill the holes, cut access holes to get to the connectors..... Well Boscoyo Studio has a quick and easy solution for you. Introducing the Matrix Maker series of connectors.

The Matrix Makers are a series of T, X, and L shapes that allow you make an infinite number panel layouts. Here is what they look like:

MatrixMakers_zps03feed7b.jpg

Across the top you have connectors that allow you to hang the Matrix. The L's located in the top corners are universal left/right and utilize the existing alignment pins. The horizontal T in center also adds a hanger point.

In the middle row we have vertical T's on the ends and X in the center.

On the bottom the horizontal T without a hanger finishes up the layout.

One more addition to the P10 Matrix Maker series, the Power Clip. It is designed to hold both the Power Supply and a BeagleBone Black. Ignore the extra holes in the prototype. That was from a previous project.
224ADB0C-A8CB-4848-B67A-4B5131660A53_zpsrceyu3w6.jpg

6CC87D61-E01E-461C-B740-003B8865821F_zpsyv7mif4f.jpg

All the connectors include the appropriate number machine screws. Pricing will follow. I need to run the numbers on how many will fit on a sheet now that I have machine times. The final production Matrix Maker clips will be black in color.

This is the first of a few projects we are working on for the P10's, stay tuned!

Thanks,
James

Last edited:
Will this eliminate a frame per se or will it be strong enough to prevent flexing in the middle?

I'm pleased with the stiffness of the material. Right now I have 6 panels put together 3 wide 2 high and I like it. I think it is more ridged than a sheet of 1/4 plywood. I will make a 3x6 matrix with them and post the pics of how they perform.

One of the two additional products I am working on is a frame of sorts. It is an entire backer plate with a frame. This unit is designed to be used out of the weather such as under a porch or even inside. Then the upgrade to that is an outdoor enclosure version which allows you to install the P10's, Beagle, cape, power supply and keep them protected from weather. I should have the final parts and pieces for the enclosures in this week.

James

I'm pleased with the stiffness of the material. Right now I have 6 panels put together 3 wide 2 high and I like it. I think it is more ridged than a sheet of 1/4 plywood. I will make a 3x6 matrix with them and post the pics of how they perform.

One of the two additional products I am working on is a frame of sorts. It is an entire backer plate with a frame. This unit is designed to be used out of the weather such as under a porch or even inside. Then the upgrade to that is an outdoor enclosure version which allows you to install the P10's, Beagle, cape, power supply and keep them protected from weather. I should have the final parts and pieces for the enclosures in this week.

James

SAWEET!!!! I'll need an outdoor 3x6 kit please.!
-Steve

Well, let's do a little crowd sourcing since we are talking about matrix size based on the P10's.

If you plan on making a matrix panel using P10 panels, what size would you make? The P10's are 12" wide and 6" tall.

James

I have two going.

3x1 that will mount to the steel garage door and roll up with it. I think just your basic mounts with some magnetic mounds will work for me. To seal the front I was considering the shrink window film you put on the windows in the winter.

My other one will use 2 panels in their length going vertically to give me a full 64 pixels in height, and be 6 wide in the 16 columns side. This will give me a 64 x96 matrix that is about 2' tall and 3' long. Eventually will try for a 16x9 aspect ratio matrix which will push 42" inches wide, or 7 P10's wide standing on end.

Could have used your connectors last week, hopefully I can order them in a few days.

One more addition to the P10 Matrix Maker series, the Power Clip. It is designed to hold both the Power Supply and a BeagleBone Black. Ignore the extra holes in the prototype. That was from a previous project.
224ADB0C-A8CB-4848-B67A-4B5131660A53_zpsrceyu3w6.jpg

6CC87D61-E01E-461C-B740-003B8865821F_zpsyv7mif4f.jpg

James

Hurry up and add these to your store before my head explodes!

I have to be careful. People complain when I put new stuff out, they order, we ship, and then I put more new stuff out! I think this is all for the clips but I will go to sleep tonight, so who knows! Should be ready Wednesday. I am picking up another material tomorrow to test. This material works well but I'm just trying to cover my bases. Either way the material will be black in color. I'm only testing the type of polymer I want to use.

James

I'd prefer to see the BBB closer to the outside edge so that the cables can reach all 4 rows. Would not have to go buy longer cables just to get over the PS.

I'd prefer to see the BBB closer to the outside edge so that the cables can reach all 4 rows. Would not have to go buy longer cables just to get over the PS.

My issue is I am very limited on space to place the Power Supply. I can't slide it over without covering either the mounting holes or the power/data connectors. That being said, I can make a small BBB mounting plate that can go in that lower corner. Or I can just buy some long cables and sell them too!

James

Yes sell some longer cables PLEASE... and yes I am one that complains that everytime I have something shipped something else comes out the next couple of days and I need to have more shipped! But I am glad you have so many solutions to my "issues" and I want those mounting plates asap..

Thanks!
Alan

Back