new P10 Matrix Makers by Boscoyo Studio

Are you far enough along in development to know how big your outdoor enclosures will be? I would like to move forward building a tune in matrix for next year and want to build it to the proper size and was planning to order the correct matrix makers to get that part finished. Just tell me to be patient if you are not ready yet.

Brian

Has anyone else bought these and noticed a large gap along the long sides of the p10's when connected?

Mine connect the short sides perfectly flush, but there's a visible gap along the other dimensions...

e85b056e05a244558548b384e08545b6.jpg

5893c1e65f30e4c9d8ede771f0d5c512.jpg

Last edited:
None of my P10 have that gap, difference in manufacturing I would chalk it up to. Ship a couple of panels off to James and I bet he would get you ones that fit them.

Maybe measure the distance between the row of LEDs in one panel to the row in the next panel. Maybe the gap is supposed to be there to keep them at 10mm spacing.

Maybe measure the distance between the row of LEDs in one panel to the row in the next panel. Maybe the gap is supposed to be there to keep them at 10mm spacing.

Well, it doesn't seem like that's the purpose....

Perhaps Boscoyo will chime in.

Note- these are their new 1-piece connectors for the P10's

Btw, I'm not trying to bitch about it. I've been nothing but THRILLED with the products and service from James.

For stuff like tune-to signs, it's not even noticeable. For graphics that take up the whole matrix, it's still hard to even see- except I know it's there ;-)

http://youtu.be/ETphAY9QHxs

I had some gaps between my panels and I just dremeled the holes to make the panels fit snugly. I think the panels size are variable.

Btw, I'm not trying to bitch about it. I've been nothing but THRILLED with the products and service from James.

For stuff like tune-to signs, it's not even noticeable. For graphics that take up the whole matrix, it's still hard to even see- except I know it's there ;-)

http://youtu.be/ETphAY9QHxs

I'm sure James would be interested in your gaps, might allow him to refine his product further.

Are those still being sold? I am trying to build a display with 4 (starting small) P5 64x32 (320mm x 160mm) indoor panels from Ray.

Back