SS Renard Kits Now Available (current 07-01-21) OUT OF STOCK

Re: SS Renard Kits Now Available (current 5-1-19)

For the SS24 Kits only, I have a supply of quick disconnect terminals I can add as an option. Makes removing the controller board a breeze for troubleshooting or repairs. Simply note it is the paypal message and add $8

quick connects.jpg

Re: SS Renard Kits Now Available (current 5-1-19)

For the SS24 Kits only, I have a supply of quick disconnect terminals I can add as an option. Makes removing the controller board a breeze for troubleshooting or repairs. Simply note it is the paypal message and add $8

View attachment 41518
Wayne, I redid all my SS boards with those. Beats the heck out of unscrewing 52 terminals. With those one can get a board out in under 30 seconds, after unscrewing the 4 board screws.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Re: SS Renard Kits Now Available

Ordered another SS24 to scale up this year. I was very happy with the SS24 I've had for the past few years. It has one triac that's been bad since I put it together, but that happens. I'm still happy with the Renard overall. Thanks again.

Ordered another SS24 to scale up this year. I was very happy with the SS24 I've had for the past few years. It has one triac that's been bad since I put it together, but that happens. I'm still happy with the Renard overall. Thanks again.

I received the order. I will get it out Tuesday. I will also throw an extra Triac in there so you can repair the other one. :)

Re: SS Renard Kits Now Available (current 10-6-17)

DO you happen to have any other of the renard boards? or perhaps even some of the other kits? like super strips?

Re: SS Renard Kits Now Available (current 10-6-17)

DO you happen to have any other of the renard boards? or perhaps even some of the other kits? like super strips?

I have the SS8, SS16, and SS24 and the SS Starter Kits. :)

I received the order. I will get it out Tuesday. I will also throw an extra Triac in there so you can repair the other one. :)

Assembled the new board, replaced the bad triac (and resistor, thanks!) and tested all circuits on both. 48 functioning circuits. Awesome! Thanks for making it so simple. :biggrin:

Assembled the new board, replaced the bad triac (and resistor, thanks!) and tested all circuits on both. 48 functioning circuits. Awesome! Thanks for making it so simple. :biggrin:

That's great! :thup:

Re: SS Renard Kits Now Available (current 11-1-19)

Is the enclosure already drilled to fit wire through for each pigtail? EX. 1 hole on each side (Bottom) to fit the 16 pigtails needed?

Re: SS Renard Kits Now Available (current 12-1-19)

Do these kits also include the required mounting hardware (Screws, spacers, etc.) for mounting board to enclosure?

SS Renard Kits Now Available (current 7-10-20)

Need help finding the 14 pin chip that goes in u7 spot on ss16 one of mine broke .

571-1-2199298-3 I believe is part number but can’t find online all I can find is the socket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
da79976ce2a9aa9916cd1bea10fa3a31.jpg

Re: SS Renard Kits Now Available (current 7-10-20)

Need help finding the 14 pin chip that goes in u7 spot on ss16 one of mine broke .

571-1-2199298-3 I believe is part number but can’t find online all I can find is the socket

da79976ce2a9aa9916cd1bea10fa3a31.jpg

Hi Wilmar
You could solder a leg on :)

Otherwise you will not only require a replacement ic , but it will need to be programmed with the firmware variant that you require .

Here is great info on your ss16 http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Renard_16_Controller

Last edited:
Re: SS Renard Kits Now Available (current 7-10-20)

Hi Wilmar
You could solder a leg on :)

Otherwise you will not only require a replacement ic , but it will need to be programmed with the firmware variant that you require .

Great idea thank you I’ll try that first

Back