SS Renard Kits Now Available (current 07-01-21) OUT OF STOCK

Re: SS Renard Kits Now Available (current 7-10-20)

Looking for some cg2000 if any are available ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: SS Renard Kits Now Available (current 10-10-20)

Just ordered another SS24 kit! These kits are rock solid and make growing my show so easy! AC lights are not dead! (although I do have several pixel props too).

AC lights are not dead!
Not are they "not dead", they are making a comeback. At least they are here!

Pixels have their place, but you really don't need "any color, anywhere, anytime" all the time!!!

Just ordered another SS24 kit! These kits are rock solid and make growing my show so easy! AC lights are not dead! (although I do have several pixel props too).

Not are they "not dead", they are making a comeback. At least they are here!

Pixels have their place, but you really don't need "any color, anywhere, anytime" all the time!!!

100% with ya'll! All 1600 channels still are AC LEDs and completely controlled by SS Renards. :thup:

Re: SS Renard Kits Now Available (current 01-01-21)

I am planning to buy the SS24 this weekend but have a few things I want to double check. I did some research and got some input on some of the items but again I want to double check before spending another $130-$170.

* I can control this with a Falcon F48 through the DMX/Serial ports.
* I can use xLights to control this board (through the F48)
* I can dim my 115V LED strip lights (or will they flicker or not dim at all)?
* It seems the AC cables are not included. What are you guys using?
* Are there any images of the enclosure with the board inside?

Also what is the difference between the SS24 and starter kit (which is out of stock)? When will the starter kit be in stock again? Weeks? Days? Months? Never?

Last edited:

I am planning to buy the SS24 this weekend but have a few things I want to double check. I did some research and got some input on some of the items but again I want to double check before spending another $130-$170.

Also what is the difference between the SS24 and starter kit (which is out of stock)? When will the starter kit be in stock again? Weeks? Days? Months? Never?

Have a look at post #1 in this thread .The last 3 controllers are the sought after/coveted ss24 . :)

@angus40, I actually did look at this thread. I wasn't quite sure if that is what is offered in this thread, though. It looks like the upper one is an older version (Renard 24) whereas the lower one is a newer version (SS24). Is this correct? Does the SS24 kit sold on this thread include all the AC cables shown in the picture? Or are the AC cables part of the starter kit? Or how is the SS24 different from the starter kit? I went through the first few pages of threads but couldn't find any info about this. Also, does this work with the Falcon F48. It appears so but again I want to make sure.

@angus40, I actually did look at this thread. I wasn't quite sure if that is what is offered in this thread, though. It looks like the upper one is an older version (Renard 24) whereas the lower one is a newer version (SS24). Is this correct? Does the SS24 kit sold on this thread include all the AC cables shown in the picture? Or are the AC cables part of the starter kit? Or how is the SS24 different from the starter kit? I went through the first few pages of threads but couldn't find any info about this. Also, does this work with the Falcon F48. It appears so but again I want to make sure.

Here is the starter kit .

It appears Wayne J has everything in this kit for a purchaser to have a complete x number of channel(s) show .
Depending on the purchased kit the channels vary from 8-24.

So if you purchased the SS24 starter kit you would have a ready to run show of 24AC channels .

Ps. I think there is even a kitchen sink in this kit ! lmao. :)

If it outputs RS485...Yes. however DMX firmware is available but must be installed by user.

Yes

Cannot comment on this as I am not sure what what a 'strip light' is. However, the SS24 is a 115VAC controller. I use them with my 115 LED light strings.

Indoor extension cords or SPT1 with vampire plugs.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:SS24_enclosure.JPG

The Starter Kit is described in the page if you click the ink. I do not have a definite date on Starter Kit availability yet, may be a few weeks.

Thanks a lot. There should be a link to this in the first post... Is there always a sale on February 1 (in 2 days) for supporting members. I was actually considering becoming a supporting member and if there is a sale I am very likely to do that. PS: I don't think I have much need for the starter kit though that serial to Ethernet adapter would be nice to have so I can hook it up to my Falcon F48. But it doesn't seem single items are being sold.

WayneJ, before I paypal funds for a starter set, SS24, and quick connect, I want to confirm the starter set is in stock. The top of your post says "(Starter Kits also 'in stock')" but next to the Starter Kit price it says "OUT OF STOCK", not sure which is correct.

Thanks!

WayneJ, before I paypal funds for a starter set, SS24, and quick connect, I want to confirm the starter set is in stock. The top of your post says "(Starter Kits also 'in stock')" but next to the Starter Kit price it says "OUT OF STOCK", not sure which is correct.

Thanks!

The Starter Kits are out of stock. The price chart is what I update. :)

Thanks!
is there any starter kits in stock i would love the 24 but 16 would be ok

No, I do not have Starter Kits. I do have the SS16 kits though.
Wayne, Happy Fourth of July. I've been using the long weekend to sequence some songs for this year.

Question before I reach out to buy: do you think you'll have more SS24s this year? If you'll have more SS24s, I'll delay a bit and build in the fall.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Wayne, Happy Fourth of July. I've been using the long weekend to sequence some songs for this year.

Question before I reach out to buy: do you think you'll have more SS24s this year? If you'll have more SS24s, I'll delay a bit and build in the fall.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

I have 24's but no CG2000 cases at the moment.

I have 24's but no CG2000 cases at the moment.

Is there a wait list? lol I'd gladly go ahead and send you some funds so you can forward the goods as soon as they are available. Been keeping my eye out since March! As a newbie hoping to build my first show this year, everything I've read makes me think I should have started getting ready about five years ago lol. I'm sure you've got real life stuff to do, I do appreciate you and everyone else who is so helpful in this community. I've learned a lot and I haven't even started yet, so I know I've got even more to learn.

RobW

Back