Video for newbies on how to use Vixen

Re: Video for nebies on how to use Vixen

hello people I am the newbie here and I was wondering if vziukas still had all the video's??
or if someone has video 13 as I have download all but 13.

I am not doing anything this christmas but my 2009 christmas should be a blast for me and the family..( I hope :) )

how did you download these? i can't watch youtube at work (during lunch of course!) or get to christmasinshirley (again ONLY at lunch!)
Ben

Downloading is easy...First use firefox,then get the application called Download Helper...It will allow you to download utube video files or any video file for that matter in flv format...Then get a free trial program called prism and it will transfer it to avi or mpeg so you can see it anytime using windows media player..
Hope this helps..

Oh and P.S. when your free trail runs out on prism simply uninstall it and reinstall it and your good to go for another 30 days..Another thing you can do instead of transfering the videos is to download mplayer video player..It plays anything and is also a free download.Simply look it up on google....It also goes by the name gplayer as well...Works great for any video format..

Last edited:

Please help, how do I get the adjustable preview and event sequence open at the same time so I can watch it move. Thanks

Please help, how do I get the adjustable preview and event sequence open at the same time so I can watch it move. Thanks

They are open at the same time by default. You just need to move the Preview Window around so you can see the sequence window. If your Sequence window is fully expanded you will need to change to Cascade or Tiled mode so you can move them around.

I ran two monitors while I was doing sequencing, it definitely helped out. I put the preview window on one monitor and the sequencing view in the other.

All I get is the sequence window no preview. Moved around not there? I seem to only be able to open one or the other.

I may have missed something in the thread but did you assign the Adjustable Preview plugin in the Profile Output Plugins?

I may have missed something in the thread but did you assign the Adjustable Preview plugin in the Profile Output Plugins?
I blew everything out and followed the video on you tube, same thing happened. If I go to program files and open the sequence folder, the picture and seq files are there. Could my picture be to big for the program, 1600x1200. thanks

Still working on no preview problem, loaded on my other computer and same thing. It must be something I am not loading. The perview is asigned in the plugins. Anyone?

I always look for simple things, so this might be trivial. Did you go through the plugin setup procedure to assign a picture (usually of your house) to the profile you are using? This setup procedure also allows you to "draw" lights on your piture and assign the lights to the channel of your choice..

Ya, I can double click on the preview in the plugins and the picture of my house comes up and I can draw all 144 channels and the colors show up that I made them.

I just managed to do the same thing. Double clicking on the plugin unchecked the use box. Make sure that the Adjustable Preview is still checked for use in the Plugin list.

I just managed to do the same thing. Double clicking on the plugin unchecked the use box. Make sure that the Adjustable Preview is still checked for use in the Plugin list.
Finally got it to work, for some reason I had to remove 5 of renard boards and just put in 24 channels and a preview, then it worked and I could add the other 5 boards back in. One more question, I only have com3 in the drop downs and I get a window that pops up and says Renard Dimmer(route-startup) access to the port com3 is denied. Is this because there are actually no boards hooked up yet?

Hey Xmus. I have watched some of your videos so many times I stored the links in an html file so I could have them to hand instead of searching for them each time. Thought others could use the file so I'll try to attach it here.

Made a second file that has the videos embedded in them for easy access? I actually like the text links better. YMMV

Thanks for all your effort.
Arvin

Couldn't attach them as .html files so named them with the extension .txt so to see them as html you need to change the extension to .html and it won't work as .html.txt so load them into a text editor and resave them with .html Whew. Takes more time to type than to do!

Attachments

• How to use Vixen.txt
    2 KB · Views: 220
  • How to use Vixen - videos.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 176

Finally got it to work, for some reason I had to remove 5 of renard boards and just put in 24 channels and a preview, then it worked and I could add the other 5 boards back in. One more question, I only have com3 in the drop downs and I get a window that pops up and says Renard Dimmer(route-startup) access to the port com3 is denied. Is this because there are actually no boards hooked up yet?

Did you ever get an answer to this question?

Sorry but being the perfectionist that I am, I noticed a typo in the title of this forum. Newbies is misspelled as nebies. Can this be corrected so if anyone is google searching they'll find it easier.

Thanks
Leglamp

Sorry but being the perfectionist that I am, I noticed a typo in the title of this forum. Newbies is misspelled as nebies. Can this be corrected so if anyone is google searching they'll find it easier.

Thanks
Leglamp

You'll find typos all over the place here at DIYC.... don't let it bug you.

Thanks
Leglamp

Fixed... thx

Back