Fill Channels are designed to work with custom effects, such as the Pixel Plane. A Fill channel is a channel that "fills in" the background of pixel plane effects. This allows the opportunity to add background fill without messing up the complex effects that you have created. When a Fill Channel is activated, it will ONLY turn on when your PixelPlane effect is displaying. And it will ONLY light the OFF pixels.
Setting up a Fill Channel:
- Open the Fill Channel Manager: Manage Channels -> Manage Fill Channels
- Click New and assign a channel to function as a fill channel.
- Add the fill channel and your PixelPlane channel to the same display group.
- Add background effects to the fill channel. These can be different colors, fades, etc.
Engaging a Fill Channel:
- A Fill Channel must be engaged for it to show up.
- In the main window, click Ask to Apply Master Lighting.
- When you hit PLAY, the Master Lighting window will open. You don't need to check anything. Just click OK.
- Your fill channel will now be active and will display when PixelPlane effects are playing.
|HLS User Manual and Reference Guide|
|Previous Page||Current Chapter||Next Page|
|Using Nutcracker with a PixelPlane||Chapter 6: The PixelPlane||PixelPlane Transitions Using Lighting Channels|